Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Campbell River, British Columbia
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 8
We get the same thing up here so I thought this was a good thread to post some information for west coast Canadian waters.
West coast Canadian waters:
- 16 is for emergencies or other station contact only.
- Non emergency CG contact is done on 83a or 83 in the US mode.
- Radio Checks are done on 83a or 83 in the US mode (definately not on 16).
- Most if not all Canadian marina's/Harbour Authorities are NOT contacted on 16, most are on 66a but some are on 06, 72, 68, 73, 10 but the information for the entire Canadian west coast can be found in the "Boaters Blue Pages" published by Pacific Yachting.
- Lower west coast Canada - Winchelsea Control activity is broadcast regularly on WX, the CG does not seem to appreciate giving this info on 16
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by Bilgewater; 06-27-2011 at 01:11 PM.