SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Niantic Bay help

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jimrafford 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of a good anchorage or mooring area in or around Niantic Bay CT outside the bridges? I will be heading west through LIS and planned to anchor at Duck Island Roads but I am starting to think that it might come up a bit later than I would like and going into Mystic could leave a longer leg than I would like for the next day. It may seem like splitting hairs but Niantic seems like a good in-between location.

#2 ·
Niantic bay offers no protected anchorage and w/ the bridge construction the area is congested w/ barges.
There is good anchoring on the west end of Fishers Island outside the harbor. Beyond that you should head for Duck Island. there are no protected anchorages on the ct shore between there.
My home port is Duck Island. If you need shore transport while you are there pm me for contact info
jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.