Will the late or new model Production boats survive by themselves in the middle of the ocean subjected to 50 to 60 knots wind for 24 hours.
1. Let say take any new production boats from 38 to 42 ft mono-haul, sails are secured and tied down per proper seamanship
2. All ports and hatched are secured and locked per manufacture.
3. One occupant is sitting down by the gallery secured by a five point seat belt with a DOT Helmet.
4. The following boats will be used
d. Jeanneau 409
f. Dufour 40
5. The following boats will be used for control.
a. Caliber 40 LRC
b. HR 40
1. Which boat will perish
2. Among the ones still floating, which one will fair better
3. Which one still have a live occupant at the end of the test.
4. Which one the occupant will fair better?
State your assumptions, make your prediction. Helpful discussions are sought but the light-heart entertainment is encouraged.
Don't want anyone sh*t in their pants if this does not jive with them