Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2011
Back to just the Jon boat

therapy23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post

You would have to make it illegal to sell foreign made products or heavily tax the import to balance. However, expect China to do the same in return and to lose your job if you work for a company that exports to them.

Didn't mean to get off on Econ 101,
I ain't no 101 expert but that is what they do. And a lot more to boot. The shame is that our politicians let it happen.

But back on topic,

I took my Rocna to WM Yesterday and will have a Supreme in a week or so.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-05-2011

lwatson is on a distinguished road
rocna recall

Qudos to WM! I am taking my Rocna 44 back, I do not want an anchor that MIGHT be OK, plus I personally have doubts that a company that is manufacturing the anchor has a claim to fame as a maker of display cases and fittings. Look at the RINA certificate and search the manufacturing company. Plus nowhere can I find on the manufacturers website that they are ISO9001 approved as stated by Rocna, more smoke and mirrors or just outright lies, you be the judge.
Old 09-05-2011

lwatson is on a distinguished road
Rocna may be the victim of their own success. I bet they did not really expect people to swallow, hook line and sinker, their claims about superior holding and actually put it to the test. This claim probably got a lot of people who actually anchor to buy the product as opposed to people who just have a bit of jewelery hanging off the bow and rarely anchor. Now all of a sudden the product is actually used as intended and the modified specs cannot stand up to the abuse. It could be a decision on Rocna's part to put up with a few failures and the replacement costs rather than have the higher costs of producing a quality product. It could simply be a matter of having the failures and replacement costs factored in as a cost of doing business. If that is the case I seriously wonder why anyone would buy a Rocna (I did but that was before I learned of the metal problem, AND it is going back), after all this is not a toaster that you just take back for another, it could be your life on the line here. I do not think that there is a problem in the design, in fact it is good, but the metal used in manufacturing and Rocna's response has put me off. Good by Rocna and hello Manson.