Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2011
Needing Apehanger Helm

HDChopper is on a distinguished road
New chat is full

LOL yall , all the sudden the pop up says chat on this site is full An upgrade is required to allow more chatters.

I thought everyone must be out sailing or busy as the forum seems kinds dead today .

You all are a chatty bunch lol

I really dont know chat all that well , BUT if some of you would look over at the Cal section maybe one of you could help on a few questions
Old 08-07-2011
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
I received that same message even after the admin said that there was no limit. Dunno why it happened.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-08-2011
SERIOUS SAILOR

JoeDiver is on a distinguished road
I've turned it off several times but it seems to keep logging me in when I visit and it's pissing me off. I don't like chat and don't use them, and I'm getting tired of being automatically logged in when I've specifically turned it OFF more than once.
inshallamiami likes this.

1982 Catalina 25 #2897
FK/SR/Traditional
Eagle Mountain Lake, Texas
Old 08-08-2011
A mod and her dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDiver View Post
I've turned it off several times but it seems to keep logging me in when I visit and it's pissing me off. I don't like chat and don't use them, and I'm getting tired of being automatically logged in when I've specifically turned it OFF more than once.
Joe,

Did you use the Turn Off option from the drop down menu or just click on the X at the bottom? When I choose Turn Off, I'm not logged in the next time my browser opens.

Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
magazine

Old 08-08-2011
SERIOUS SAILOR

JoeDiver is on a distinguished road
I use the Turn Off option from the pull down, so that everything disappears and I get a little red power button in the bottom right corner.

I wonder if it's a function of cache or cookies? The problem could be on my end.

1982 Catalina 25 #2897
FK/SR/Traditional
Eagle Mountain Lake, Texas
Old 08-08-2011

CapitainMike is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFerron View Post
I received that same message even after the admin said that there was no limit. Dunno why it happened.
Happened to me said there were 25 users and carry out an upgrade but they company "Evolve" want you to pay.its either a software fault or a scam.

Capitain Mike
Mediterranean Sea
Cobra 850
8.68m
"Money won't buy you happiness but it will allow you to buy a yacht big enough to pull up along side it"

"Please God be kind to me your sea is so wide and my boat is so small"
Old 10-27-2011

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
I use two different computers to access this site and both are continuously turning the chat feature back on. It is not consistent, but even this morning, there it is again.

I didn't want to start a new thread, since the technical staff never seems to pay any attention anyway.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Old 10-27-2011
s/v Ilya

arknoah is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFerron View Post
Joe,

Did you use the Turn Off option from the drop down menu or just click on the X at the bottom? When I choose Turn Off, I'm not logged in the next time my browser opens.
How do you access the drop down menu? Where do you start it? I've wanted my chat turned off since the system started, and haven't found the right button yet.

Old 10-27-2011
A mod and her dragon

(Sorry, I haven't figured out how to separate and label the images but there are three screen shots below)

Click the chat box (the one that says X People Here) at the bottom of your browser. This opens and closes that box so that you can see who is logged in.

Once it is open, click the gear/arrow at the upper right corner. The menu options you'll see are Turn Off and Sound. Click Turn Off.

The chat will be reduced to the power symbol at the bottom right corner of the browser window. That means you are logged off and the chat room is closed. When you log on the next time that is what you should see.
Attached Thumbnails
New chat is full-chat-1.jpg   New chat is full-chat-2.jpg   New chat is full-chat-3.jpg  

Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
magazine

Old 10-27-2011
s/v Ilya

arknoah is on a distinguished road
Done. Thanks!