Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: North Texas
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 4
Originally Posted by yashgore
hey guys, could you please fill out this tiny questionnaire... i need the info for my 4000 word extended essay and this is my primary research... only a few simple questions...
1. What is your name? (Optional)
2. How often do you sail in a week?
During the vacations ______2-3 days on sailing vacations in the past
For the rest of the year ____I usually get out once a week on average
3. Do you own a boat?
Yes (3 of them)
4. How many years/months of experience do you have in sailing?
_____15 years or so
5. What is the wind speed (in knots) that you prefer to sail with?
_____5-30, depending on the boat
6. What type of boat do you prefer to sail in? Choose the appropriate. [More than one response per category is acceptable
o Four people
o Six or more people
o Triangular-I've never sailed the other
Number of sails
o Only mainsheet
o Mainsheet and foresail
o More than two sails
o Yes, it is preferred
Name of make and model:Hunter 260, Drascombe Lugger, and Alcort Minifish
Weight:___5,000lbs, 780 lbs, 80 lbs
_____ (please specify the measurement)
Length:___26' and some change, 19', 12'
________ (please specify the measurement)
7. What angle do you prefer to keep your sail at in accordance with the direction of the wind? Choose any one.
Huh? I keep it in the direction which develops the most power. If this is a question about preferred point of sail, then it would be the 40-50 range.
8. Do you reef your sail? If yes, at approximately what wind speed?
____The Hunter needs to start reefing at 15 knts, the Drascombe at 25 kts, the Minifish has no reef points
This post is made from recycled electrons
A ship in harbor is safe, but that's not why ships are built.
1974 Alcort Minifish-Minifish
2001 Drascombe Lugger-Penelope
2004 Hunter 260-Miss Muffet
Last edited by Sublime; 08-20-2011 at 10:12 AM.