Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2011

pmoore is on a distinguished road
How to reach me...

I don't want to jam things up with empty posts, and I don't want to open myself up to automatrd spam, so...

Email is as follows: phillip, followed by the name, mike, followed by the name, moore

All of this at gmail. No caps, no spaces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 08-19-2011

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Are you always in PO? or should I say that side of the sound!?!?!?!? or do you get to the east side at all?
Old 08-23-2011

pmoore is on a distinguished road
woosh!

Today:

Left Pt. Orchard with two novice crew (saying something here, as I'm somewhat new to larger boats myself)

Tried to put up 2nd smallest jib, nearly tossed me in the drink. Storm jib alone on a run, 6kts for a while. It was windy... Break at Ilahee.

Tucked in at the dock- out of the major gusts and reefed the main major for beating to get back to port. Off we go, but entirely too slow. Add more main. Still too slow.

Up storm jib. Hauling now, feel the power!

Novice crew is now seasoned to tasks- one releases sheet and adjusts main traveler (reef seems to put a weird look to the main, so we twist again like we did last summer) the other character sheets in on the new tack using willpower and all the winch can offer with 5 wraps. 15 tacks and a couple of hours later we're back.

A strange sense of elation. Terribly proud of my motley crew, and the new boat. Handled incredibly well. Data says 15-20 while we were out with gusts near 30. Not sure on the accuracy, but it was a wild ride! Lots of pinching and a bit of controlled luffs in the gusts, but a sense of accomplishment. We didn't win any cups, but all left the boat pleased with their contribution and all in one piece.

Planned on doing a quick sale on the boat- might reconsider after today. We've come to an understanding the boat and me- I think we're starting to understand one another. (of course, that might be the seawater talking)

-Phil
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2011

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Late yesterday in Edmonds it got pretty windy. Per the chart at the port, 15-20 from 7 until midnight or later, with an hour or so around 10-11pm ae 20-25 with gusts to 30. So if you were out in that wind, that would be fun. That would be a reef or two with a 110 in my Jeanneau 30 with 2 on board upwind, down wind....main and 155! that would be doing 7's into the 9's.

Glad you had a good trip out. Personally, I think you will find that boat to be fun around here!

Marty

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.