SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   if your not chating please get out (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/77644-if-your-not-chating-please-get-out.html)

smallboatlover 08-16-2011 09:02 PM

if your not chating please get out

i'm not trying to start a argument but the people that are on chat which ive never seen more then 10 actually on the chat. If you not on chat actually chatting or lurking please shut your chat off. i like to chat on the chat feature and it gets full an i see that most the people don't even chat so please do some people a favor

this is not ment to be rude, mean, or any thing other then a helpful tip. to make other people happy.

Tempest 08-16-2011 09:09 PM

Hey, Sorry...I just realized I was one of those.

Didn't realize I had to turn something off, that I hadn't signed in to.

glassdad 08-16-2011 09:16 PM

How do I turn off the chat feature? It blocks the bottom half inch of the screen.

smallboatlover 08-16-2011 09:16 PM

no problem i was just letting people know.

DRFerron 08-16-2011 09:23 PM

Smallboatlover,

I realize that kids your age are used to instant responses in chat rooms, but this really isn't your call to make. If the moderators feel there is a problem, they will make it known to everyone.

To turn off the chat, Click the Chat with people on this site window to expand it. You will see all the user names of the members who are logged in. Click the star at the top right corner and the option to turn it off will appear. The next time you open your browser it should remember that you turned it off. If not, clear your cache.

smallboatlover 08-16-2011 09:34 PM

no i'm not trying to tell any one to get off but if you not using it, it would be nice for other people like me that use it to get info off of it by talking to people.

Minnewaska 08-16-2011 09:47 PM

Based on the survey that showed the majority of responders didn't want to see a chat feature dilute the content of the forums, I doubt you will solicit much cooperation or sympathy.

SlowButSteady 08-16-2011 09:49 PM

And keep out of the fast lane with your beat-up old Buick station wagons....you old farts!!!

mgmhead 08-16-2011 09:50 PM

I'm with Glassdad, had no idea I needed to turn off something I hadn't turned on.

BTW, and I'm not meaning to "start an argument" but the contraction of you are (as in you're not using) is you're... not your.

I'm just sayin' ...MGM

UPHILL 08-16-2011 09:51 PM

Sweet I am turned off.. Thanks DRF for the info..

Did not know I was taking up space in the cyber world.

Be neat if you could mount a boot in there to give a swift kick, use to be that way in the old days.....:D