Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bljones

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2011
Huck

smallboatlover is on a distinguished road
this is why i sail

So this is my reason why i wanna get rid of my motor boat so bad and get a sailboat i can sleep on. If i Had a sailboat i could sleep on i wouldn't be typing this right now.

But tonight i went for a sail. there was supose to be a storm coming in but i saw no sign of it and i wanted to go for a sail. so i raised the main with the new haylard and saw it was tangles with the topping lift but i got the sail up enough so it didn't matter there was a belly in the sail but i was use to that because of the old haylard making a big belly. so i had the sail raised what messing with one of the ropes that keeps the back hatch on. with the sail raised i wasn't sure if i was going for a sail but then i said screw it and hooked the digny up to the mooring and left. went out a lil bit tacked once then started heading back in i look back and realize that i was going down wind into the sunset. And then i realize why life's so good. so then i get back to the mooring no problem.

hook the sailboat to the mooring drop the sail put every thing away and head back in before dark. one nice sail today. i can't wait till i get a sailboat i can sleep on becasue i wouldn't be coming home tonight i would be with a buddy sailing to a cove and sleeping on the boat and in the morning catch the northerly wind and cruise down the bay drinking cup of coffe and heading to and island and get to the island at the night and anchor up and sleep again. or go to some were to have lunch in bristol. all the things i could do with a boat to sleep on but for now i will just keep learning on my boat i will never sell my current sailboat my dad won't let me so i will just keep learning on it and maybe teach my friends on it.
Old 08-19-2011

bljones has a spectacular aura about bljones has a spectacular aura about
The grammar, spelling,punctuation and syntax sucked, but the imagery and sentiment are spot on, kid. You don't NEED a boat with a cabin- all you need is a tent and desire. Shore camping is a great adventure.

Great story, and I admire your enthusiasm. Never lose it, kid. We've got too many cynical adults in the world today- we need more dreamers.
DRFerron likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-19-2011

lapworth is on a distinguished road
We need to get you a bigger boat. Life comes at you fast.
Old 08-19-2011
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
Thanks for sharing. After reading your struggles with yourself in the chat room over your boats, it sounds like this evening you've found a little bit of peace.

I hope you have that same sense of wonder and adventure at 35 as you do at 15.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Old 08-19-2011
Huck

smallboatlover is on a distinguished road
believe me i hope i have this passion for sailing for the rest of my life. I could try doing beach camping but that would be hard to keep the boat were you should so when you don't wake up and the boat is beached fully till high tide again and i don't wanna have to worry about at low tide the boat being 15' away from me when i wake up.
Old 08-19-2011
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallboatlover View Post
believe me i hope i have this passion for sailing for the rest of my life. I could try doing beach camping but that would be hard to keep the boat were you should so when you don't wake up and the boat is beached fully till high tide again and i don't wanna have to worry about at low tide the boat being 15' away from me when i wake up.
Breathe, small. Throw in a period or two every now and then.

Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Old 08-20-2011
Irrationally Exuberant

arf145 is on a distinguished road
Nice story SBL. I can't wait for you to have your bigger boat too.

2000 Beneteau 331
Northern Chesapeake Bay

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy ~ Steven Wright
Old 08-20-2011

HPLou is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to HPLou
After all the posts on your boating issues, it was good to read of your enjoyable sail. Sounds like you found some peace. I enjoy your enthusiasm but definitely slow down. Use a period, take a breath and enjoy the sailing life. Hope you get your "sleep on" boat soon.
Old 08-20-2011

PaulfromNWOnt is on a distinguished road
Give a boom tent a try. It's not exactly the same thing, but it will get you out there doing what you want.

Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself.
Old 06-02-2012

dklein90 is on a distinguished road
Re: this is why i sail

I know that this is an old thread but have you considered a Wayfarer. They are almost identical to your mistral, and very well known for light cruising.