Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2011

Quickstep192 is on a distinguished road
I'll give her one thing........ She sure picked a pretty boat!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2011
Needing Apehanger Helm

HDChopper is on a distinguished road
+_1 Quickstep , ya gotta give her that she has taste

Got to agree with Bankrobbery anology , got away clean or not the boat Was stolen.
Old 08-23-2011

pinayreefer is on a distinguished road
Last Friday we dropped by our boat before heading out of town, noticed undergarments in the cockpit! Huh? Then found bootmarks on the floor and where someone barfed over the side. Yuck. After reporting it to the harbormaster we went away, a bit shaken about the audacity of some people (the boat is tied stern to). When we got back Monday we saw the guard and he was embaressed because he saw them and assumed it was us, since the couple "didn't stop" when he walked up so he eased away. He knows well now what we look like and hopefully it won't happen again, but every couple who comes strolling down the dock gets an eye from us, evaluating the females assets, trying to determine if she left her "stuff" on our boat.
Old 08-23-2011

tommays will become famous soon enough
MY son is a Long Island ADA and its really going to depend on the DA's mindset on and issue like this as well as the lady's history

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1981 J24 Tangent 2930
Tommays
Northport NY

If a dirty bottom slows you down what do you think it does to your boat
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-23-2011
Sundance 23

carl762 is on a distinguished road
Well, $300,000 worth of boat should get any DA's attention. Nobody's exempt from being held accountable for their actions. My feeling is that this woman probably has developed a bit of dementia and will get off lighty. At the very least, she must pay for the damage and for the head/heartache she caused.
Old 08-23-2011

Steady Freddy is on a distinguished road
You guys need to chill, she's NOT a thief. I told her that it was my boat, and my middle name is Mike.
(oops, no wait, this is a different boat, and a different story altogether, sorry)
Old 08-23-2011

MikeWhy is on a distinguished road
From the facts presented, there is still room for reasonable doubt that she had criminal intent. The damage is real. Collect every honest cent of restitution, but leave room in your thoughts that it was an honest mistake and they might not prosecute it as felony grand theft.

Last edited by MikeWhy; 08-23-2011 at 08:45 PM. Reason: could have been.
Old 08-24-2011
Just a Member

primerate84 is on a distinguished road
Nah, she mistakenly thought it was her $300,000 boat. She was just in the wrong marina, but it looked just like her's. And, it was a brief moment of dementia that she forgot how to sail and ran it into the rocks. Yeah, that's reasonable doubt and she really had no criminal intent. She should just get a real stern talking-to and turned loose. I'm sure she will be a model citizen after that.
Old 08-24-2011

casey1999 is on a distinguished road
Let's all just be happy we have boats other people would like to use or steal. We could all be in a much worse situation. I think theft is going to become a very big issue not only for your boat, but house, car and other items. With high unemployment and not such a great future for many, they have no options "they" can see. Where I moor my boat, their is a large homeless population, I have not been hit, but many other boats get items stolen. I hope I do not get hit, but if I do, I will try to accept it as this is life, and deal with the repair and replacement of items stolen. I look at myself, not only do I have a house to live in, but a boat that can be my second home. The homeless (weather fault of their own or not) have none of these things.

Last edited by casey1999; 08-24-2011 at 01:59 PM.
Old 08-24-2011
Relapsing

ArcherBowman is on a distinguished road
I hates me a thief. I've been robbed significantly like five times and lost of $20,000 worth of tools over a six year period. If I ever catch someone red-handed, I'm probably going to jail.

"It ain't all buttons and charts, little albatross. You know what the first rule of sailing is? Love. You take a boat in to sea that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her afloat when she oughtta founder... tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keens… makes her a home." Captain Malcom Reynolds, Paraphrased

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.