Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Narragansett Bay
Thanked 224 Times in 209 Posts
Rep Power: 7
I would make arrangements to haul now and see if you can defer until 48 hrs out. NOAA is currently showing landfall in Carolinas on Sunday. If I'm inside the cone of uncertainty within 48 hrs, I'm going on the hard. As another said, if you wait until then to arrange, you may be too late to get in line.
I made that mistake last year, because my marina didn't have the equip to haul us, and got out of Earl's way in the nick of time. That according to the forecast anyway, Earl died off and went south of us after all, but we were in the cone 48hrs prior. We have insurance that pays 50% for named storms. They paid, but wanted me to sign a letter that acknowledged they weren't required to pay, since the storm never landed. I refused to sign that letter.
Still, I do not regret hauling. We were, however, one of the few boats that went back in the water last September.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Last edited by Minnewaska; 08-23-2011 at 06:51 AM.