SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Who knows motor sailor MARINA 75

8K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  nisselauritz 
#1 ·
Hi,
I'm interested in the motor sailor Marina 75 (built in Finland, Jutahela) and I'd like to by this ship, but I didn't find anythig about the quality of sailing this boat. Is there anybody with good practice in sailing the Marina 75?

Can you sail close to the wind?
What speed will be possible on different courses? How much wind is necessary to sail the boat (beaufort) min.?
What is the max. wind for sailing the Marina 75 (beaufort)? Is it able to sail the Marina 75 on open sea? And so on...Please let me know your experience.

Let me know more about this very nice oldtimer
Best regards
Jorgen

#4 ·
I have one

Hi,
I'm interested in the motor sailor Marina 75 (built in Finland, Jutahela) and I'd like to by this ship, but I didn't find anythig about the quality of sailing this boat. Is there anybody with good practice in sailing the Marina 75?

Can you sail close to the wind?
What speed will be possible on different courses? How much wind is necessary to sail the boat (beaufort) min.?
What is the max. wind for sailing the Marina 75 (beaufort)? Is it able to sail the Marina 75 on open sea? And so on...Please let me know your experience.

Let me know more about this very nice oldtimer
Best regards
Jorgen
Hi Jorgen

I have a Marina 75 1986, I live i Québec Canada and you?

#6 ·
Hi Jogi,
I´m not sure you are interested in Marina 75 anymore. If yes, I can tell you it is a great deal to own and to sail it. It is solid and offers advantages like high stability meanwhile sailing under harder conditions. Of course you can sail anywhere at the Baltic or Mediterranean Sea. Without motor it sails about 5 sm when the wind is good (5-6 bft). Disadvanzage: reliable, but not really powerful motor (Yanmar 11 hp). For longer trips it fits only for 2 (max. 3) people.

#7 ·
Hi Jiri,
thank you for your message. Its useful for me. I´m still interested in Marina75 because I owned it in last autumn. I also beleave that Marina75 is a very solid ship. Now I'm prepearing the boat for season. All wooden parts need new finish (paint). The mahogany already is looking nice after first coat of paint, but I have to paint at least 6 times (or more).

The motor is a newer Yanmar, 26hp (7 years old). This should be enough hp. I still have one Problem. There is no mast lift system - but next time I will use the boat in inland lakes. So I have to put down and lift the mast passing bridges or watergates. Do you have any expirience with it?

Im interested in more sailing experiences with Marina75. If you can, please let me know more.

Best regards
Jorgen

#8 ·
Hi baltic,

I just detected your message from Sept 2011. I hope you still are a member of sailnet community and will receive my very late answer. I live in Berlin. I owned my MARINA75 in last autumn. I beleave that Marina75 is a very solid ship. Now I'm prepearing the boat for season. All wooden parts need new finish (paint). The mahogany already is looking nice after first coat of paint, but I have to paint at least 6 times (or more).

Im interested in more sailing experiences with Marina75. If you can, please let me know more.

Best regards
Jorgen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.