SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Looking for this Bavaria 820

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  billdunton 
#1 ·
Hi all!

I'm new here and was hoping for some help:
A cousin of mine recently visited a couple of marinas around Lake Champlain (especially on the VT side I think), in his search for the perfect 40footer. For my part, I rather have my sights on a smaller 26-29 sailer. He told me there was a decent-looking Bavaria 820 (27') for sale at one place, but could not remember where precisely. As it turns out, this is one of the boats at the top of my list... Unfortunately as some of you probably know, they are rather uncommon here in North America - few were built (130 ?), and those that got here were individually sailed accross the ocean.

I would be very interested in having a closer look at this particular ship, but at the moment I'm on a job "up North" for the next few weeks... I've tried to find an online ad for this Bavaria, but I'm having little (read: no) success what with the sketchy internet access here and my incomplete information. Before I try calling each & every marina on the lake, has anybody seen clues, pictures, or even - save me - an ad for this ship ?

Thanks for any tips!
Sam H.

See less See more
#4 ·
Hi,
thanks for the quick answers guys. I remember that 890, I actually went to see it back in June/July. She's fine indeed, although at the time the owner hadn't found her an engine yet. To be honest though, the main thing keeping me away is the steep costs for bringing it into Canada (I'll be moving out of Champlain eventually) - I figured that the duty and taxes would amount to an extra 20-30% on top of the sale price. This would bring the whole deal a bit out of my range unfortunately...

Any other sightings ?

Thanks for the help so far !
Sam

#5 ·
Hi Hydrus,
I am the owner of the boat. My former dock neighbor pointed me to this thread. Guess I'll have to use some other sites to post my add because the one I am using does not even show on Google! Anyway, you can find the add here .
For any questions please use PMs or email.
Regards,
Anjin-San

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.