Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2011
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsewhere View Post
A buddy and I are going in his RV. First time to Annapolis - any suggestions where we can park? I've made several calls but there seem to be no pleasant/helpful people in the area and I'm getting no answers. Thanks in advance.
Did you check to see if there's an Annapolis WalMart? Aren't all WalMarts RV-friendly? At least they used to allow them to park in the lots overnight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-23-2011
Call me Ishmael

blowinstink is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by joethecobbler View Post
are there often work oportunities at the boat shoe? how or who would one talk to?
or do I just show up a week or two prior and ask around?
If temp work is available I would schedule the boat show into my southbound schedule next year.

Ideas?
I was looking at the online version of spinsheet yesterday and saw an ad for workers at the show (actually both the sail and boat shoW). Might be worth pursuing if you have the time.

Luck!
Old 09-24-2011

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by T37Chef View Post
We're scheduled to take the Outbound 52 out for a test sail Tuesday after the show before we sign the contract for hull #8. Cant wait.
You'll probably need some crew for that so you'll be free to poke around the lazerettes and what not.

I'll have to take a vacation day but I can handle the helm for you. ;-)
Old 09-24-2011

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
yea okay midlife, sounds like a plan! ;-)
Old 09-24-2011
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFerron View Post
Did you check to see if there's an Annapolis WalMart? Aren't all WalMarts RV-friendly? At least they used to allow them to park in the lots overnight.
There is no Wal-Mart convenient to Annapolis. I believe that the open arms greeting to RVs at Wal-Mart has gotten a bit rough in the last couple of years at least at some stores.

There is a Sam's Club near the Annapolis Mall that might ignore you parking in the lot for a few days but getting to the Boat Show would be problematic.

The Eastport Elementary School PTA provides parking for the Boat Show every year and I know I have seen RVs in there. Call ahead and see if you can make arrangements. Reasonable walking distance to the Show and to many restaurants from there so you can park it and not move again until you are ready to leave.
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

Old 09-24-2011

AirborneSF is on a distinguished road
Smile

My sailing buddy and I are planning on going Sat. It's a short drive from So. Md. I KNOW I'll "SEE" some of you, I just won't know it! Enjoy all!
Old 09-24-2011
Special Delivery

speciald is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to speciald
Before you buy that Outbound 52 - look at my Taswell 58 AS listed by David Walters Yachts at the Walzak dock just out side the show towards the yacht club. You can get it for less money, its a better built boat, faster, and ocean proven + cruise equipped with watermaker, full electronics, Northern Lights genset, Avon raft, etc.,etc. Overall winner of Caribbean 1500 and Atlantic Cup.Sorry for the self promotion.
Old 09-25-2011

swampcreek is on a distinguished road
We'll be there. We go on Thursdays when it's less crowded (I used to get dizzy and sometimes pass out when in overcrowded situations as a child, although I've grown out of that I'm still real uncomfortable in large crowds).

Thinking about going by boat although it would be a 1 man operation since I have to meet my wife there (She could only get a half a day off). Not being familiar with Annapolis harbor I'll probably wimp out and drive down.

We are looking forward to seeing Mark and Patti Gonsalves of Cruiseabaco.com, we took ASA sailing courses from Capt. Mark a couple years ago in Abaco. It was the best vacation I ever had.

Regardless we have Friday off as well so we'll probably have driving rains, earthquakes, locusts and sporatic volcanoes until Monday, but if not we can make it a nice sailing weekend of it.
1981 Hobie H16
19?? Sol Cat
19?? Penquin
Many, many power boats

Life should be an adventure, not a guided tour!
Not all of us in the herd are sheep.
Old 09-28-2011
I'm elsewhere, alright.

Elsewhere is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVAuspicious View Post
There is no Wal-Mart convenient to Annapolis. I believe that the open arms greeting to RVs at Wal-Mart has gotten a bit rough in the last couple of years at least at some stores.

There is a Sam's Club near the Annapolis Mall that might ignore you parking in the lot for a few days but getting to the Boat Show would be problematic.

The Eastport Elementary School PTA provides parking for the Boat Show every year and I know I have seen RVs in there. Call ahead and see if you can make arrangements. Reasonable walking distance to the Show and to many restaurants from there so you can park it and not move again until you are ready to leave.
That's great advice - I'll call the PTA. Thanks for the tip!

As for the WalMarts, I'm told that they are indeed less friendly than they once were. He (the RV owner) says if WalMart can't get you to leave they'll make lots of noise with parking lot cleaning machines, etc. They'll swarm you all night, hoping you'll move on (he's more stubborn than I am). Pretty funny that they're that passive-aggressive lol.
Old 09-28-2011

bandaidmd is on a distinguished road
@speciald

I allways park right down by the show in a tax deductable lot ,

I'm going over Friday wheres this lot located.