Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2011

bandaidmd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsewhere View Post
That's great advice - I'll call the PTA. Thanks for the tip!

As for the WalMarts, I'm told that they are indeed less friendly than they once were. He (the RV owner) says if WalMart can't get you to leave they'll make lots of noise with parking lot cleaning machines, etc. They'll swarm you all night, hoping you'll move on (he's more stubborn than I am). Pretty funny that they're that passive-aggressive lol.
The naptown sams club has height barricades in the parking lot so the only part that would be accessible is the loading dock area and thats a nono
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 09-28-2011

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandaidmd View Post
@speciald

I allways park right down by the show in a tax deductable lot ,

I'm going over Friday wheres this lot located.
I'm guessing he was talking about the church parking lot across the street from the Fleet Reserve club/old Fawcett's location. I have parked there several years. Its worth the money for me have my car just across the street the years when I plan to buy a bunch of stuff.

I've also found nearby parking just across the bridge up the drive to AYC on the Spa Creek side. The drive is shared with some private residences that let folks park in their yard for a price. Same deal on the street alongside the Naval Academy.
Old 09-29-2011

Mikester is on a distinguished road
Bargains ?

Is it reasonable to expect " special" prices in effect at the show. We have a long list of items we need, lines, lifelines, batt cable etc ?
Do the manufacturer's that have a booth also sell direct ?
Thanks
Mikester
Old 09-29-2011

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
[.QUOTE=Mikester;780889]Is it reasonable to expect " special" prices in effect at the show. We have a long list of items we need, lines, lifelines, batt cable etc ?
Do the manufacturer's that have a booth also sell direct ?
Thanks
Mikester[/QUOTE]

They are absolutely there to sell. How "special" the prices are is debateable. Some are more special than others. You need to have a good idea of market prices for anything you plan to buy so you can recognize real deals
SVAuspicious and chef2sail like this.

Last edited by PalmettoSailor; 09-29-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Old 09-29-2011

Mikester is on a distinguished road
Wink

Thanks, that's what I was hoping for. We'll be ready with our shopping list and price comparisons.
Mikester
Old 09-29-2011
s/v Ilya

arknoah is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFerron View Post
Navy home game that weekend. You're lucky you found a hotel room!
Well, it is in Glen Burnie versus a bit closer...!

Old 09-29-2011

swampcreek is on a distinguished road
What would the chances be of finding a mooring ball on Wednesday or Thursday morning near the show? Where are they? Are they free or is there a contact to be made?
1981 Hobie H16
19?? Sol Cat
19?? Penquin
Many, many power boats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Life should be an adventure, not a guided tour!
Not all of us in the herd are sheep.
Old 09-29-2011
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampcreek View Post
What would the chances be of finding a mooring ball on Wednesday or Thursday morning near the show? Where are they? Are they free or is there a contact to be made?
Close to zero. All the moorings are pretty well full by Monday before the show. $30/night.

The five moorings on Back Creek that rarely have anyone on them already have three tenants. In addition to the main field there are more moorings above the bridge in St Mary's Cove (35' max LOA) and a few more further up Spa Creek. I'll try to go over the bridge tomorrow and report back on current status.

There is nearly always room to anchor in the South Anchorage and two dinghy docks at the show.
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-30-2011

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Quote:
Usually non exhistant.

Dinghy docks at the show look like the ones at Block Island ( you can circle for a while looking for an opening).

We usually go way up Spa Creek and anchor and dinghy down to the bridge which has a street end with dinghy dock next to it.

Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 09-30-2011
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough
As of this morning at 8a:

Back Creek: 2 balls still open. Anchoring boats are building up. Transients coming into marinas and the entertainment value is high.

Spa Creek: Main field has about 10 balls open. South anchorage has 15 boats anchored. 3 boats off the Academy wall. Note: Some enforcement of federal no anchoring zone exists. I have not heard of anyone being asked to move, but Annapolis Harbormaster will no longer provide pump-out services to boats directly off the wall in the federal zone unless they can show mandated approval to anchor from the Naval Academy Superintendent. I don't know what the Watermark water taxi policy is, but it might be well to call and ask.

I'll check St Mary's Cove later today. I have a client on a ball by Truxton Park and will ask him what the upstream balls look like.

Opinion: If you come in any time next week don't bother heading up the creeks. Anchor in the South Anchorage and deal with dinghies or water taxis. Bring lots of ones for the taxi.
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.