SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Annapolis Boat Show (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/79029-annapolis-boat-show.html)

ImASonOfaSailor 09-22-2011 10:03 PM

Annapolis Boat Show

Who all is going to this show? Are we all going to meet maybe? Glenburny is where we r staying , i think

mgmhead 09-22-2011 10:36 PM

I'm attending the show, probably on Saturday...don't know yet where I'm staying other than on my boat. Can't say where she'll be berthed, anchored or moored. Enjoy the show.

DRFerron 09-22-2011 10:50 PM

Navy home game that weekend. You're lucky you found a hotel room!

joethecobbler 09-22-2011 10:56 PM

are there often work oportunities at the boat shoe? how or who would one talk to?
or do I just show up a week or two prior and ask around?
If temp work is available I would schedule the boat show into my southbound schedule next year.

Ideas?

chef2sail 09-22-2011 11:10 PM

We will be moored or anchored out also...and dinghy in...look for us we are the white boat with the blue canvas...:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Dave

I am looking for a specific alternator to see if I can get a good price on it. Electromaxx 140

joethecobbler 09-22-2011 11:16 PM

thanks

dacap06 09-23-2011 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRFerron (Post 778494)
Navy home game that weekend.

I am surprised. The show is normally planned for an away weekend so USSS can use the Stadium Parking Lot. I wonder how the show will handle incoming drivers? Does anyone know?

Update: They have it on their web site -- parking is on Riva Road this year. They'll have signs to guide us into the lots as always.

4arch 09-23-2011 06:26 AM

We're on the fence about going this year. The only thing we're in the market for is a dinghy which we can get a good deal on outside the show. The show's always tempting but then so is spending that weekend on the hook in a quiet anchorage. That said, if there's some kind of sailnet social gathering, we'll definitely try to make it!

Captainmeme 09-23-2011 09:00 AM

We are planning on attending. Our grandchildren live in the area so its two birds with one trip. We will be looking for ideas, materials and equipment to finish our new to us Nor'sea.

speciald 09-23-2011 10:55 AM

The shows are allways the same two weeks in Octiober and don't move because of a football game. There will not be any moorings avaialbe downtown unless you get really lucky. The anchorage off the Academy will fill up early. Back Creek will also fill up early. My boat will be at the Out -of -the boat show dock - the broker is paying $3 dollars/foot per day for that slip. Good luck finding a spot. I allways park right down by the show in a tax deductable lot -costs $20. In the last two years, the shows have had about 25% fewer boats and smaller crowds. Friday and Monday are the best days to go.