SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Sunfish For The Y

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
Well, Labor Day has come and gone.  Kids are back in school, and in some cases, Sunfish sailboats are mouldering away in garages and back yards, while the question "do I have to look at that thing all winter?" crosses the lips of more than one disgruntled wife, husband, or parent.

No, I say!  That Sunfish can serve a valuable purpose!  It can live out it''s usable days as a teaching/racing sailboat for the Forsyth County, GA YMCA''s Camp program!

We''re looking for donations of usable Sunfish sailboats, or boats which might be "parted out" to repair other, more workable boats.  An ideal boat
would be one complete with all rigging, mast/boom, and sails.  However, we''ll take those less than perfect boats as well.

Remove an eyesore from the back yard!  Breathe new life into that Sunfish you''ve kept for sentimental reasons!  Help a kid learn to sail.

For more information, contact me off list via email, or call 678-513-5057 after 7PM EST and weekends.

Thanks very much!

Dan Thompson
#1043, "When Will I" ( Buccaneer 18)
Cumming, GA

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.