SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Help Me ID This Sailboat Please. Thanks. (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/79373-help-me-id-sailboat-please-thanks.html)

AppleValley_Jim 10-02-2011 10:40 AM

Help Me ID This Sailboat Please. Thanks.

1 Attachment(s)
I am very interested in buying this Sailboat to restore.
The seller believes this is a 25' Luger.
My findings are that Luger didn't offer a 25' sailboat. Luger did offer a 26' Tradewinds, it doesn't look like this sailboat.
Also, Luger didn't offer a Fin Keel, only swing keels.

Can someone help me identify this sailboat please ??

My Thanks In Advance .. Jim

Faster 10-02-2011 12:52 PM

I agree about it not looking like a Luger.. quite a modern underbody. Any idea on the year it was built?

The aft port in the cabintop, being so far aft is rather distinctive.. maybe someone will recognize it.

AppleValley_Jim 10-02-2011 01:10 PM

Thanks for the reply... seller/owner thinks is it a 1981 Luger... year 1981, not sure if that is correct also.
Thanks

jgeissinger 10-02-2011 01:10 PM

Boat?

If the seller actually owns the boat, he must have a title. The title will state the manufacturer of the boat. In California the title is just like the pink slip for a car, and will state make, model, and year. If the seller does not have this documentation, don't even think about buying it!

Faster 10-02-2011 01:15 PM

Could be that someone, at some point, decided to put, say, a J24 keel on something like a Luger (the hull/cabin alone could be Luger).

If so, even more reason to be skeptical.. that kind of thing requires good engineering and reinforcement over the original configuration.

AppleValley_Jim 10-02-2011 01:32 PM

Seller says she has a title.. I am going to look at this boat at 11 am pacific time, 90 min from now.

Looked like a J24 keel to me too... But the cabin doesn't look recognizable to me, but kinda new to sailboats.

Thanks

AppleValley_Jim 10-02-2011 01:37 PM

Seller says last time in the was was 2005, it's been sitting in the high desert here Un-covered for 6 years.

I'm not sure of the damage that has caused either.

I like the look of this sailboat.

Can you launch a Fin Keel like this from the trailer ??

jfurlong 10-02-2011 01:39 PM

Is there a hull number attached? The first three characters of the hull number will denote the manufacturer.

AppleValley_Jim 10-02-2011 01:49 PM

JFurlong... I'm going to look at this sailboat in an hour... I'll be sure to check out the Title and the hull number very good.

jgeissinger 10-02-2011 01:51 PM

Boat

Again, since you are in California, do not accept anything other than an actual
"pink". No bill of sale, no handwritten anything, etc. Trust me, I've been there. You will either have to pay way too much money to get it brought current, or more likely, won't be able to get it titled at all. If you are still tempted, go to the DMV or the Auto Club and ask before you hand over any cash. P.S. In Ca., for boats you will also be liable for past personal property taxes payable to the county it's in.