Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2011

msonderhoff is on a distinguished road
Correct, it's my J/29. Just got the boat about 10 months ago and did the commercial this summer. Lots of fun! The filming took 3 full days and there was no wind on the last day, they decided to pull the boat. There was no outboard, it was removed for filiming and the boat was being pulled to and from location each day. You are correct, the sails don't look right on that shot from Sailing Anarchy. Shame. It's too difficult to get the actor, sailboat, wind, backround, lighting and equipment to co-operate for every shot I guess.
I didn't see the commercial yet, I guess it won't air in Canada, so I'll have to find it somewhere on the net.

BTW, getting paid $6k for 3 days of sailing is not a bad gig for an actor sans boat. The boat is owned by a female sailor and I had no problem with getting paid for having my boat star in an erectile disfunction drug commercial As a girl, I find all these 'hard posts' quite amusing. Besides, there is nothing wrong with having a pharmaceutical giant pay for a large chung of my new racing main...
chef2sail and jameswilson29 like this.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-10-2011
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Hey mson - welcome to SN sista! It's just too perfect that a sailor-chick owns this J-29...and made a quick 6 on it's use for dudes with "flogging jibs".

I'd say you win in every way possible.

My only complaint with these stills is that it's just a dude on the boat. Are they trying to tell me he popped a little blue for the 4-hour rager...then went freakin' sailing? Idiot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 10-10-2011

msonderhoff is on a distinguished road
That's the way I see it, can't complain about having the boat contribute some. Heck, this sport is expensive enough.

Who knows what these commercials are trying to say. Sailors are obviously not their main target market. Enough testosterone here, thank you...
Old 10-10-2011

NewportNewbie is on a distinguished road
LOL...Great one! I found it hilarious when I saw it with my wife....she said , hey that looks like our boat...then we figured out what they were selling...and LAUGHED....good for you for making the 6K...no shame in that at all! Welcome to SN!!

Old 10-10-2011
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
My only complaint with these stills is that it's just a dude on the boat. Are they trying to tell me he popped a little blue for the 4-hour rager...then went freakin' sailing? Idiot.
My interpretation was that he was sailing to see his partner who lived in the house at the end of the commercial.

Maybe I missed something?
chef2sail likes this.

Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Old 10-10-2011
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFerron View Post
My interpretation was that he was sailing to see his partner who lived in the house at the end of the commercial.

Maybe I missed something?
If you've got a 4 hour drug induced boner ragin', you don't travel to the hookup by sailboat. Not even a J29.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 10-10-2011
A mod and her dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
If you've got a 4 hour drug induced boner ragin', you don't travel to the hookup by sailboat. Not even a J29.
Where's your sense of romance and the anticipation making the moment that much more special?

Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
magazine

Old 10-10-2011

Or he was a sailing stalker as the woman never acknowledged she was waiting for him...so he crept up in the J/29 so there were no records of him on the toll roads....and how do we know its a woman????

Old 10-10-2011
A mod and her dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewportNewbie View Post
...and how do we know its a woman????
Exactly. That's why I said "partner."

Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
magazine

Old 10-10-2011

Yeah Donna in my mind up until now it was a woman....lol...Now that I made him a stalker creeping up on someone unsuspecting while on performance enhancing drugs...the possibilities are endless!!! lol