Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2011
Lake Sailor

cb32863 is on a distinguished road
Launch/Retrieve Costs

I am tossing around the idea of getting a fixed keel on a cradle trailer and just storing the thing at my place over the winter. I am thinking nothing too huge of course and I would step the mast myself hopefully. So with all that, what would I be expected to pay to get her in and out of the water? What do you folks pay to have your boat launched & retrieved?

S/V Papillon 1977 O' Day 25

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-12-2011
72 C&C Corvette

CorvetteGuy is on a distinguished road
If you join a club the rates go down consederably,,, every season we pay 50$ per boat for drop in and then another 50 for haul out. This is a great deal plus u get the joy of membership and everything a club offers plus fellow sailors. Travel lifts around these parts can cost up to 250 per haul.
Old 10-12-2011
Lake Sailor

The club is too expensive to join for me, $180-$200 per foot, all the marinas are that expensive on this lake. Its the only decent sized lake in the area too so I am not going to move my soon to be purchased boat. So I am going to be on a city mooring..... that will cost me $3k less a season.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-12-2011

tommays will become famous soon enough
Home and back on the boat movers trailer with launch and step on a 29' runs close to 2K round trip per season

1981 J24 Tangent 2930
Tommays
Northport NY

If a dirty bottom slows you down what do you think it does to your boat
Old 10-12-2011
Barquito

Barquito is on a distinguished road
If she draws less than 5', you might be able to find a ramp long and deep enough to launch from the trailer. Probably a few hundred at a boat yard around here. On the smaller lake I sailed in Wisconsin, people would organize a lift day with a local constuction firm's crane (they have experience launching boats). Still probably on the order of 100's in and out. Trailer launching and storing in your yard really saves a lot of money. Winter recovery, storage, and spring launch is by far my biggest boat expense.
Old 10-12-2011

Memopad is on a distinguished road
Travel lit here charges $8 bucks a foot to put in or take out. He charges and extra $50 to $100 bucks to step/unstep the mast. I find these prices retardedly high for a small town in BFE.

Another guy in the harbour has a jib crane over the water, charged me $20 bucks to step my mast.

My boat (ranger 28) is on a trailer so I haul it home and store it for free. I'm paying for heated indoor storage this winter so I can do some more fiberglass work. Guy is asking $15 bucks a foot for the season.
Old 10-12-2011
Lake Sailor

So I apologize for not being specific enough in my original post... By cradle trailer I mean one that I personally would tow to the lake from my house to have the boat yard lift the boat off of and set in the water. Then in the fall, I would drive the trailer back and have the boat lifted out of the water and set on the cradle trailer and I would drive it back to my house for winter storage.

I am not looking to change lakes as I said, I am not looking to have anything huge as I said, I am not looking to have the mast stepped by a crane as the boat would not require that as I said. Unless of course it was way huge which I wouldn't get or a keel stepped which, again, I wouldn't get. I am just wondering what other folks pay to have a boat lifted and set in to the water in the spring and then retrieved again in the fall.

Thanks for the info Memopad, very helpful.