Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2009

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
Hey Smack, Yes it was Michael who was the only kid with us that trip and he was 6 at the time. He was in the cabin playing with his gameboy when the crash happen. He did not have his life jacket on at the time. That's what sent me into the heeber jeebers. I thought he was in the Hudson river without a life jacket and I couldn't find him, but I could hear him.

Our boat got knocked down by the impact, My wife says she saw Michael flying tough the air inside the cabin of our boat. That he hit the ceiling which was then in the place where the settee he was sitting on was a second before.

You have met Michael and you know that he is kind of matter of fact when he talks. That Day when I was climbing up the boarding ladder of our boat to get back on board, I got my head and shoulders above the stern and Michael says "I am glad you are back Dad, my head hurts." God bless him!

It was then that I kind of just plopped into the cockpit as I had been in the water for 10 min's or so swimming and trying the best I could to keep as close to our boat as I could.

You learn what family is all about at times like that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Never Forgotten

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bubb2; 11-14-2009 at 03:28 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-14-2009

wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about
Bubb2,

I can't imagine something like that happening, I'm glad you and your family are okay [edit - I just re-read this thread and did not know your wife had been hurt badly until just now]. One question, you touched on it but I'm curious, what were the other people doing ? I mean did they just sit there on their Sea Ray and watch all of this unfold, did they come over and talk to you when you got back to the boat, just sit there and wait, leave, what did they do ? [edit #2 - I understand if you can't answer this because of the court case]

Please support my

Last edited by wind_magic; 11-14-2009 at 04:27 AM. Reason: edit
Old 11-14-2009

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by wind_magic View Post
Bubb2,

I can't imagine something like that happening, I'm glad you and your family are OK [edit - I just re-read this thread and did not know your wife had been hurt badly until just now]. One question, you touched on it but I'm curious, what were the other people doing ? I mean did they just sit there on their Sea Ray and watch all of this unfold, did they come over and talk to you when you got back to the boat, just sit there and wait, leave, what did they do ? [edit #2 - I understand if you can't answer this because of the court case]
I am free to answer things now that I could not comment on a few years ago, The legal stuff is over.

My wife says that immediately after the crash the Sea Ray was stopped about 40 yards in front of our boat and she could see into the rear of the boat. She saw the boat owner come out of the cabin and go to the helm. He yelled back to my wife that he was OK and restarted his engines. He started to leave. My wife yelled back to him, "I can't find my Husband."

Thats when she went below to make a radio call to the Coast Guard. She came back on deck. I was yelling "I am over here" while the boat and I were moving further apart from each other. I get my wife attention and she yells to the other boat That I am over there help him. They do not, in fact they move their boat about 200 yards away and just sit there. My wife was able after much trouble to bring our boat back around and pick me up.

I should say, that when I was in the water, when I first yelled to my wife, our dog (Meg) a lab come out of nowhere swimming to me. She was sitting with me just before the crash and she was thrown overboard also. She was good company to have during those min's.

Durning these min's the Capt. of the lagre Motor yacht that was behind us was on the radio with my wife and in fact had his eyes on me and was able to tell my wife where I was.

Once I got back on board The Sea Ray came along side and said "Since everyone is OK, I am going." I told him the Coast Guard is on the way. He said "You called the cops?' Once the Coast Guard got there they separated us and I never saw him again until we got to court.

This is the funny part, He testified in court that his steering was damaged and he could not help me while I was in the water. My lawyer reminded him that he drove his boat home about another 30 miles after he was released by the Coast Guard. Then he said it was to Dangerous to help as he was afraid that he might collide with my boat. My lawyer asked him just how much more damage did you think you could do? Yep, He was a Stellar witness.

Never Forgotten

Last edited by bubb2; 11-14-2009 at 08:32 AM.
Old 11-14-2009
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Talk about a dumb SOB with no sense of responsibility or accountability... what a moron...IMHO, the dumb bastard perjured himself.
Quote:
This is the funny part, He testified in court that his steering was damaged and he could not help me while I was in the water. My lawyer reminded him that he drove his boat home about another 30 miles after he was released by the Coast Guard. Then he said it was to Dangerous to help as he was afraid that he might collide with my boat. My lawyer asked him just how much more damage did you think you could do? Yep, He was a Stellar witness.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.