Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2003

BigRed56 is on a distinguished road
Pirates Attacks!!

Pirate of Pine Island Takes on Cape Coral in Anchoring rights dispute. Dis ere old pirate had begun the long battle in preserving the rights of all Floridians to use and have acess to public waterways and facilities. Seems the City has a problem with me vessel being anchored in Bimini Basin off a park aptly named Four Freedoms Park. Seems I have over stayed my welcome and have been cited and me vessel threatened with inpoundment for my failure to move it. As there is no law on the books that applies to vessels which are not being used as live aboards (two week limitation), the citation is baseless and I have filed a motion to dismiss with the Lee County Court. AARRGGHH me mother alwys told me I end up no good but if a Pirate can''t sink to the level of lawyering wot''s the world comming to? I''ll keep ye up to date on the legal battle and iffin I needs a jail break I''ll let ye know. Pirate of Pine Island.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2003

DuaneIsing is on a distinguished road
Pirates Attacks!!

Big Red,

If it''s a case of local authorities overstepping their bounds, I wish you all the best in righting that wrong.

Duane
Old 09-26-2003

conradconrad is on a distinguished road
Pirates Attacks!!

Big Red keep up the good work thys trying to take all our pyrates homes away the fargin dogs conrat convarmit and good luck and keep up the fight any thing we can do to help conrat66@cs,com
Old 09-28-2003

Pirates Attacks!!

Ahoy, me mateys AARRGGHH me thinks it gonna blow purdy hard soon. Dis here city is bigger idiots than I thought. Seems I was right about the first citation and the city was some what peeved at my audacity. So what do they do... yea de morons of de city cites me again on a different code even more bizzare than the Bimini basin live aboard ordinance. Seems theres a code to remove abandoned vessels/ vehicles which are unregistered fom vacant lots in commercial or residential zoning districts. Just one problem .. no make that four problems, #1 my vessel in not abandoned,#2 my vessel is exempt from registration because it has no motor, #3 the lot it is sitting aground on (low tide) is under water, #4 the land it is adjacent to is zoned as Parkland. So I ''s be going back to court tomorrow and the Pirate of Pine island is going to be making his first personel apperance at city council. Wot you say? Yeah right wait till they get a look at me!!! Keeps ye posted Pirate of Pine Island
Old 09-30-2003

nauticalrich is on a distinguished road
Pirates Attacks!!

You''ve not my interest now. Seems there are so many regulations that they are taking the word freedom out sailing. The adventure of pulling into a port and throwing yee anchor over the side is now limited to allowable time, money and bull **** regulations. Maybe we need a floating lawyer at our beckon call.

Good luck.
Old 09-30-2003

pirateofcapeann is on a distinguished road
Pirates Attacks!!

GO GET "EM BROTHER! FULL BROADSIDE!
Old 09-30-2003

jbarros is on a distinguished road
Pirates Attacks!!

so, Pir8, what are the members of the council, and who should we be writing the emails and snail mail to, to help get it through their heads that their tourist money agrees with you? They listen to the green, and the people who carry it.

-- James
Old 10-03-2003

colehankins is on a distinguished road
Pirates Attacks!!

So I''m a big crack pot huh? I wrote an article about a year ago advising you to watch out for your freedom, And what did I get? I love to tell you "I said so" POPI DONT STOP, NEVER QUIT
Cole
Old 10-03-2003

Pirates Attacks!!

Ahoy me mateys, Email for cape council is council@capecoral.net. Not to worry me been to the council and laid me a challange squarely on dem idiots doorstep. Interesting note Florida state law specifically title XXIV chapter 327.60(2) prohibits local goverments from restricting non live aboard vessels engaged in the exercise of navigation. The same paragraph also give them the right to restrict liveaboards. Double edged sword but still usefull in my case.. The code violations don''t stand a snow balls chance in florida. Excuse the pun. Pirate of Pine Island
Old 10-22-2003

pirateofcapeann is on a distinguished road
Pirates Attacks!!

Okay, we ain''t heard none from Big Red in a while. I wonder if he’s “objected” himself right into the Cross Bar Hilton. What with all his ramblin'' ''bout the Xs, Is and Vs an'' chapter numbers, an'' so forth an'' such like, it wouldn''t surprise me none. He could have laid waste to the entire Cape Coral town council (as I suggested) and is lying low until it blows over, but that ain''t his style. He goes in and comes out with guns a-blazin''! Where be ye, PoPI? Do ye be floatin'' on an even keel or is ye piled up on the bricks? Let us know how things worked out.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.