SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Insurance in the Caribbean

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
Looking for info on insurance for the Caribbean.

What companies are providing insurance?

Will be in Caribbean for at least 6 months.

Who provides insurance for boats that just want to sail everywhere?

#4 ·
It appears that I am close to buying my first cruiser. It will probably lay in dry dock for a year in the south-east coast hurricane zone.

Will I need insurance to repair or replace the boat if it is trashed by a hurricane or will the boat yard''s insurance cover this?

In a year or so, we will be cruising the Caribbean and Central America for a year or two, then probably the east coast of South America. After that, it''s probably off to the Med.

Will Offshore Risk Managenment cover all these locations in one policy? Do the rates differ depending on your sailing location? Does this company offer different rates for replacement value as opposed to depreciated value? And how are rates determined?

Thanks,
Chas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.