Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2011

tomitch is on a distinguished road
Thanks Rhythm Doctor,
I will call Peak Sails in Seattle to see if there is any connection. Their sails look similar to KH sails, so maybe they were a supplier to Art Kelly and he is going under their banner now. He got real upset that I asked for my refund. Got to keep this guy out of the business as it takes the fun out of sailing.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-14-2011
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitch View Post
Thanks Rhythm Doctor,
I will call Peak Sails in Seattle to see if there is any connection. Their sails look similar to KH sails, so maybe they were a supplier to Art Kelly and he is going under their banner now. He got real upset that I asked for my refund. Got to keep this guy out of the business as it takes the fun out of sailing.
Call if you must, but remember that this company in Seattle probably has no connection to anyone in Colorado.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)

Last edited by TakeFive; 12-14-2011 at 08:38 AM.
Old 12-14-2011

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailormon6 View Post
If you google Kelly Hanson, you'll find a history of similar consumer complaints and BBB warnings going all the way back to the inception of their business. I googled them early on and have been warning friends about them ever since, but, sadly, people don't always heed warnings. Buyer beware. Don't wait for them to resolve your complaints. Take your complaints to any appropriate government offices that will listen to you, including the Consumer Protection division of your State Attorney General's office. Good luck!
Not only that if you discuss his business practices on-line, even if factually stated, with dates, times etc., and he finds out who you are, he may threaten to sue you. Happened to someone I know who was a customer of his..

If I had to guess Sailnet will be pulling this thread soon...

Sad really

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Last edited by Maine Sail; 12-16-2011 at 06:27 PM.
Old 12-14-2011

TackJibe is on a distinguished road
One in the same. I read posts on the Catalina25 forum where there are links to the Secretary of State in Colorado showing the registrar as the same.

The address in Seattle is a mail drop.
Old 12-14-2011
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Ouch. This sounds seriously skanky.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 12-15-2011

dmpilc@netscape.net is on a distinguished road
TackJibe,
That thread on the Catalina 25 forum has been pulled from view, so, as RythmDoctor indicated, the link you indicated between Peak in Seattle and K-H in Colorado may not exist. I'm waiting for more information/confirmation.
Old 12-15-2011

TackJibe is on a distinguished road
Google the Seattle address.

Look at the timing. One business closes, the other opens.

What other sailmaker sells BoomKicker?

The product names are very similar. C1000 and M1.

Hmmm. Coincidence?
Old 12-16-2011

Caribbean2012 is on a distinguished road
What is the deal here?

The overall state of this sport and it's related industry has been in a death spiral for the past four years.

There have been several small and large companies that have been around for a long time that no longer exist.

From what I have read, this was a small, family owned company that was in business for close to ten years and fell victim to the worst down turn in the economy in decades. They aren't the first and they won't be the last when it is all said and done.

Why do you people feel it is necessary to publicly beat up on these people like this? Do you actually believe there was some plot to "steal" your money? I am pretty sure that wasn't the case.

And why wouldn't you have just disputed the charge with your credit card company and moved on to another loft?

There are more than a handful of big names in this sport that are literally holding on day-by-day with the hope things improve.

Behavior like this is embarrassing and destructive. There is nothing good that comes from it.

All I can see is a small group of people who obviously have nothing better to do in life getting some sort of perverse thrill out of the misery of another.
Old 12-16-2011

Sailormon6 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribbean2012 View Post
What is the deal here?

The overall state of this sport and it's related industry has been in a death spiral for the past four years.

There have been several small and large companies that have been around for a long time that no longer exist.

From what I have read, this was a small, family owned company that was in business for close to ten years and fell victim to the worst down turn in the economy in decades. They aren't the first and they won't be the last when it is all said and done.

Why do you people feel it is necessary to publicly beat up on these people like this? Do you actually believe there was some plot to "steal" your money? I am pretty sure that wasn't the case.
While it is sometimes true that some businesses fall victim to an economic downturn, it's also true that sometimes incompetent or even unscrupulous management run what might otherwise be a good business into the ground, until the business collapses under the weight of consumer complaints. You seem to know something about Kelly-Hanson. Was it in good standing with the Denver Better Business Bureau when it closed it's business? If one googled the business name, would one find that it had a lengthy history of consumer complaints? Did management have a history of threatening critics with lawsuits? I know the answers to those questions. Do you? I'm just asking, since you seem to know all about the company. I won't cast aspersions on the business. I'll just suggest that anyone who is interested should seek out the information for themselves. The answers are there, if you look. Oh, and I see that this is your first post. Welcome to the forum.
Old 12-16-2011

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailormon6 View Post
Oh, and I see that this is your first post. Welcome to the forum.
Yeah welcome aboard

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Last edited by Jeff_H; 12-16-2011 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Personal Comment removed