Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2011

Caribbean2012 is on a distinguished road
To the person highlighted in red.....

PLEASE POST SOMETHING!

Let's have some real fun!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-17-2011

Caribbean2012 is on a distinguished road
I can hear that can of worms being opened as I type.
Old 12-17-2011
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
A couple more posts like that and he'll be an ex member ......
Prophetic words indeed.

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Old 12-17-2011

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Then there is reasons why, many forums will not allow posts in regard to companies or people that are in court for various and sundry reasons...............

Marty
Old 12-17-2011
Over Hill Sailing Club

smurphny is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribbean2012 View Post
Nice post!

I guess I have a different perspective on this.

The North issue is not widely known. You really should do a little digging and see what transpired. Essentially, 200 workers were fired for simply requesting what was owed them. An amount that wouldn't buy two cups of Joe at Starbucks. In my opinion, this taking advantage of the disadvantaged, which is pretty vile in my book.

Aside from this case, the bigger picture is shipping manufacturing jobs overseas. It appears (may be wrong) that you feel the number of jobs lost by Americans is relatively small and justified. The number is massive and is the primary cause for the economic woes this country has today.

It simply stems from corporate greed. Manufacturing is moved to low wage environments to enhance margins. It is simple as that. We need to get a congress and President that gradually begins to reverse the hemorrhage. Why aren't we identifying parts of the country that are essentially rust belts like Ohio and offering incentives to companies to bring manufacturing back to this country?

Granted, they may not all be big buck, white collar jobs, but they are jobs.

As far as the other subject....

With a company that was around for ten years, I am sure there were plenty of satisfied customers. However, I doubt you are going to hear from anyone as the tone and tenor of this thread really isn't conducive to doing so.

The sad part of this entire pissing contest is that it is being orchestrated by less than five people. And of the five, it appears most of them never even purchased a sail form them.

It doesn't make sense and I am more than happy to point out this hypocrisy.

I would never purchase a North product. They are overpriced and there is little good to say about their corporate culture.

However, I would purchase from SailNet in a heartbeat. Sure, they fell on hard times and several individuals were hurt. But everyone deserves a second chance in my book.
I know what you're saying about the offshoring issue and often see it from that perspective. Case in point: I make violins as a hobby but do not even consider selling them because there are Chinamen making pretty good ones for pennies an hour. So be it. It has obviously hurt many Americans in more, probably more devastating ways than just financially. However, I also see the good being done to move dirt-poor people out of poverty around the world. I think it was one of the core ideas of globalization as well as basic greed. Quite a dichotomy! As this is a political issue, it probably belongs on the "politics" threads.

Having bought a heavy-duty sewing machine and learning to make my own sails, I can now make the sails I want out of the the best materials for even cheaper than buying an unknown brand.
Old 12-17-2011

Lake Superior Sailor is on a distinguished road
So They listed this chart book on Ebay and I bought it. Only to be told it was out of stock,and would be shipped soon. Then it was out of print & They would send it as soon as the new copies arrived. at this point its to late for paypal . Now I was assured I would see it soon: then the emails stopped! Then I see this thread. So I never got a chart book! --Dale
Where God got it done!
Old 12-17-2011

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Superior Sailor View Post
So They listed this chart book on Ebay and I bought it. Only to be told it was out of stock,and would be shipped soon. Then it was out of print & They would send it as soon as the new copies arrived. at this point its to late for paypal . Now I was assured I would see it soon: then the emails stopped! Then I see this thread. So I never got a chart book! --Dale

So sorry to hear of your troubles. What chart book is it? I have lots of old ones, and while not current, the rocks don't generally move. I'd be more than willing to give it to you for free if I have the right one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Old 12-17-2011
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Holy crap! I missed all the fun!

Carib goes supernova and gets the stick while I'm following the VOR. He even used my favorite term of endearment! I really need to get my priorities straight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 12-17-2011

neverknow is on a distinguished road
We have a small business and all I can say is after 12 yrs it's still going strong. Why? Because we don't screw our customers. Seems pretty simple to us. Happy customers equals a successful business.

Hard times like these thin out those who are not very good businessman. The companies that make it through all this will be much stronger in the end.
Old 12-17-2011

Lake Superior Sailor is on a distinguished road
Richardsons chart book Lake Superior hard one to find--Dale
Where God got it done!