Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2011

peterchech is on a distinguished road
What's going on with Kelly Hanson sails?

They are "no longer taking orders"...

Home - Kelly-Hanson Sails

Are they just overbooked, or going out of business?

Any other recommendations for an economical sail loft? I don't need custom sails it is for a hunter 25
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-01-2011
Bristol 45.5 - AiniA

killarney_sailor is on a distinguished road
Don't know where you are located but it is worth checking the inventories of the used sail places. I have bought and sold through Bacon in Annapolis (they also make sails but I don't know what their pricing is like). Their online inventory is very easy to use and they usually have something like 10,000 sails in stock. Look for sails in the Very Good or better range and see what the prices are like.
Old 12-01-2011

ronm145 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterchech View Post
They are "no longer taking orders"...

Home - Kelly-Hanson Sails

Are they just overbooked, or going out of business?

Any other recommendations for an economical sail loft? I don't need custom sails it is for a hunter 25
I ordered a headsail and a furling system from Kelly Hanson on May 25 of this year. I have not yet received the order, nor would Kelly Hanson answer any email or phone calls. I even had Art Kelly's cell number. He ignored me. Kelly Hanson charged my credit card for $1,886.26. I have processed thru Better Business Bureau, and have a complaint pending with the Colorado Attorney General.

Their phone number has been disconnected.

I will notify eBay, the Texas Attorney General, and Visa. Visa is not going to be a happy camper.
Old 12-01-2011

Lake Superior Sailor is on a distinguished road
I bought a cruising book from them and never received it, Ebay didn't stand by it so I guess I'm out! Not anything close too your cost.--Dale
Where God got it done!
Old 12-01-2011

Sailormon6 will become famous soon enough
If you google Kelly Hanson, you'll find a history of similar consumer complaints and BBB warnings going all the way back to the inception of their business. I googled them early on and have been warning friends about them ever since, but, sadly, people don't always heed warnings. Buyer beware. Don't wait for them to resolve your complaints. Take your complaints to any appropriate government offices that will listen to you, including the Consumer Protection division of your State Attorney General's office. Good luck!
dugodoc likes this.
Old 12-01-2011
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronm145 View Post
...I will notify eBay, the Texas Attorney General, and Visa. Visa is not going to be a happy camper.
You mean you haven't called them yet? I'd call them first. Hopefully they'll waive the time limit since you never received your product.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Old 12-02-2011
Large Member

mdbee is on a distinguished road
Refund

After six months? Good luck, I hope VISA will refund. Of course I wonder if VISA will be able to do anything, if they aren't answering their phone & if their bank account is shut down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronm145 View Post
I ordered a headsail and a furling system from Kelly Hanson on May 25 of this year. I have not yet received the order, nor would Kelly Hanson answer any email or phone calls. I even had Art Kelly's cell number. He ignored me. Kelly Hanson charged my credit card for $1,886.26. I have processed thru Better Business Bureau, and have a complaint pending with the Colorado Attorney General.

Their phone number has been disconnected.

I will notify eBay, the Texas Attorney General, and Visa. Visa is not going to be a happy camper.
Old 12-02-2011
Large Member

mdbee is on a distinguished road
New Name??

Check this website:

Contact Us - Welcome

Same address & phone number as KH.

Guess they just keep changing their names, hoping people won't make the connection. Pretty stupid.

There was a new poster on another forum that posted the usual... "Hey, have you seen this new line of boats?" (They are banded over there) That seems to be their way of advertising. It didn't work for their line of "Freedom Sailboats" (not to be confused with the older Freedom Yachts)- I guess they are trying it again. Buyer beware.

One thing about the Internet... it can help to exposed flaky business practices with a little searching.

Last edited by mdbee; 12-02-2011 at 02:29 AM.
Old 12-03-2011

tomitch is on a distinguished road
How to get your point across to Kelly Hanson

I sent this today.
"Hi Art,
Respond to this and you won't get a personal visit to your house. Refund $917.79 to paypal.
That's how we do it in Canada.
Old 12-13-2011
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
FYI, it appears that someone named Arthur Wright Kelly III in Colorado has reserved the business name of Peak Sails. Colorado records show that Kelly-Hanson Companies was registered by someone named Arthur W Kelly.

At first glance it appears that Peak Sails in Colorado has no relation to an already existing company in Seattle named Peak Sails.

If I were the owner of the company in Seattle, I'd be getting on the phone with the Colorado Secretary of State to voice my concerns.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)

Last edited by TakeFive; 12-14-2011 at 08:36 AM.