SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Fuel Fill Problem

Tags
diesel
4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Capt Len 
#1 ·
Hi all :)
I have been having issues with filling my diesel tank, a month or so ago when I tried to fill it would only sip the fuel. I checked the vent...all seemed clear. I then tried to refill it a few days later and all went down fine. Now as I am winterizing I need to top it off and it will only sip the diesel. Any help would be great!!!:):)

#5 ·
I too had a similar problem. It turned out a critter (mud-Dabber) had built a nest under the lip of the vent outlet, against the screening, blocking the vent. I cleaned it out and darned if he/she didn't come back and rebuild the nest a second time the following week. I cleaned it out again and sprayed the screening with some repellent which seems to have done the trick.

FWIW...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.