Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2012

Dirtboy is on a distinguished road
I turned 69 last week. Can't believe my luck in the health and fitness departments. I was never a "jock" as a youngster but the last 15 years of off-road riding changed that. I don't take any medicine and other than a little arthritis in the hands I'm good to go.

I'm just amazed with my smart phone and can't wait to see what's next in the tech department.

Rap still eludes me for the most part but I do like a few of the "tunes?" I hear the young guys playing at work. I like rock and roll but getting tired of the same old songs.

Motorcycles are nine thousand percent better than when i first started riding in the 50's. And I still ride daily.

There was a time when at tattoo meant you were a bad ass. Those times are long gone. HA! No, I'm ink free (never was a bad ass.) lol

DB
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-2012

H and E is on a distinguished road
1975 was my first full year living in Texas and no boat. Still miss Lake Michigan-but not the long cold winters.
Old 01-12-2012

marianclaire is on a distinguished road
55+ here. A year or so back I was locking thru the Deep Creek lock and had a conversation with another boater. Neither of us had a windlass but he stated his "windlass" was a MJ 57. Seeing my normal dumb look he explained. His name was Mike Jones and he was 57 yrs old. Last fall I upgraded to the DB 55 and hope to us the DB 65 some day.
1975: Sat in the dorm thru what I think was one of the last draft lotteries. Ended up 1-A #86. But Uncle Sam never called. Dan S/V Marian Claire

Last edited by marianclaire; 01-12-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old 01-12-2012

Lake Superior Sailor is on a distinguished road
1975 -- Space mountain opens in disneyland,first televised kidney transplant,Bobby Fisher stripped of world chess title, Jimmy Hoffa disappears,and Saturday Night Live premieres! New car cost $4225.00 & gasoline $.44 per gallon . A Postage Stamp just $.13 each!--Dale
Where God got it done!
Old 01-12-2012
Sunsets and Warm Beer....

LandLocked66c is on a distinguished road
Yep, 1975 wasn't exactly a banner year! But my playmate was pretty top notch!

Jill DeVries - Oct. 1975 Playmate

And she's still looking pretty good...

You can't steer a boat that isn't moving? Just like a life - P. Lutus
Old 01-12-2012

rhr1956 is on a distinguished road
1975...that was the year I bought a brand new car for the second time in my young life. A 1975 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Landau with opera windows and swivel bucket seats! My first brand new car I bought in 1973...a 1974 Nova SS. Back then inflation was so high, you could trade every year cause you would get nearly what you had paid the year before for your trade-in.
Old 01-12-2012
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Superior Sailor View Post
1975 -- Space mountain opens in disneyland,first televised kidney transplant,Bobby Fisher stripped of world chess title, Jimmy Hoffa disappears,and Saturday Night Live premieres! New car cost $4225.00 & gasoline $.44 per gallon . A Postage Stamp just $.13 each!--Dale
And just how much were you earning? Let's see, 1975, I think I was making about $7K as a senior computer operator at IBM - pretty good money back then, I drove a Porsche and had a 20' keelboat. Of course buying one of those $15K apartments or $27K tract houses was out of the question.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Old 01-12-2012
Senior Moment Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightflyer View Post
My dad was born in 1898, I was born in 1943....Man.... the things we have seen in our lifetime! I'd like to start over knowing what I know now....
Songs and poems have been written to express that sentiment. Can you imagine the horror of being 15, having to hang around with 15 year olds and knowing what you know now?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Old 01-12-2012
Senior Moment Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryandSusanMacDonald View Post
When I was a kid, the "F" word was Fart. And I got my mouth washed out for saying it and I didn't even know what it meant. And now I are a "Old Fart." 66. And Saltwater Suzi and I have lived aboard for almost 15 years - about a third of our married life.
A few months ago, Suzi said to me, "Larry, I'm tired of pumping the toilet." So, in our dotage, we brought our home down the ICW and stopped at Velcro Beach, Florida. The boat will be going up for sale and we will be "swallowing the anchor."
Besides, at our age, I fear that it is required by law that we retire and move to Florida. Stay tuned for further announcements regarding the sale of Kanau, (pronounced Ka-NAH-ou) our 1977 Morgan Out Island.
P.S. The copious amounts of rum has finally mitigated the taste of the soap.
Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to just buy her an electric head?