Today i'am the official new owner of a 1981 30'C&C MK1. Hull # 675
Hull number is intresting because it is Mentioned In The Literature of the boat. C&C 30
Were it mentions the Diesel options. My boat has a 2GM Yanmar Perrs like a kitten.
Se has great bones. She will take some work and some money. I think I will spend maybe 6 grand on her this comming seasion. Then again, that much next year and I should have her back in ship-shape order.
1) She needs the bottom $1,500.00
2) she needs her tru-hulls looked at. They dont leak but some are stuck and clogged up. Raw-water strainer needs a gasket.
3) she needs Running rigging.
4) She needs new sole boards built and installed. I will do this. $ 600.00
5) new 8D marine super cell $143.00
6) decks cleaned.
7) needs a tiller. Wheel sterring "But" no emergance tiller on board
8) new VHF it has a working radio form the 1980's
9) rewire some the autohelm insterments.
10) repair the marine-head
I am so glad that I found this vessel. She is a great boat. I have read for a year befor I purchased her. I only her good things abought the C&C 30 MK 1
like: construction of the hull is a single moulded, uncored fibreglass unit, repairs are much simpler and cost effective in comparison to those hulls having a balsa core.The 30 Mk1 makes an excellent PHRF racer.Specifications
LOA 30 ft.
LWL 24 ft. 11 in.
Beam 10 ft.
Draft 5 ft.
Disp. 8,000 lbs.
Ballast 3,450 lbs. lead
Sail area 459 sq. ft
I just cant wate to get started. Theres so much to do.
If anybody has any poticuler histery with this vessel I would love the advice.