I dont feel safe with husband onboard - Page 4 - SailNet Community
 72Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 157 Old 01-10-2012

If you trust your husband you should discuss with him the matter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 157 Old 01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siamese View Post
I think the general reaction, at least my reaction would be, DUDE...why didn't you participate and assert yourself a little here...and stop whining.

Kinda changes the perspective.
I was thiking along the same lines. OP states to have some experience and knows a thing or two, well than perhaps the suggestion of rigging a preventer or helping the helmsman pay more attention would have been more productive.

Courtney is My Hero

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most - E.B. White
post #33 of 157 Old 01-10-2012
Superior Sailor

"Shut up wench...take your shoes off and go down in the galley and make me a rum and coke"...."Better yet, make one for yourself while your down there.."
sawingknots likes this.

"Might as well take 'er out...If anything is gonna happen...It's gonna happen out there..."
"Captin Ron"
post #34 of 157 Old 01-10-2012
Senior Smart Aleck

If the sexes were reversed, I'd be thinking, "wow, what an abusive, controlling, arsehole"...exactly the same thing I am thinking about the OP.

Viewing this from the perspective of a reversal of the sexes is a perfectly valid point. Someone who yells onboard over nothing, and declares that he or she has the right to determine whether sails are raised is controlling and manipulative, perhaps even abusive.

I hope the experience of sailing with this virago causes the submissive husband in this scenario to re-evaluate his relationship with her. It is amazing what a tiller or wheel can do to transform a man or a marriage. Perhaps he will grow a pair and dump the shrew.
Squidd likes this.
post #35 of 157 Old 01-10-2012

Wow.

Courtney is My Hero

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most - E.B. White
post #36 of 157 Old 01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswilson29 View Post
If the sexes were reversed, I'd be thinking, "wow, what an abusive, controlling, arsehole"...exactly the same thing I am thinking about the OP.

Viewing this from the perspective of a reversal of the sexes is a perfectly valid point. Someone who yells onboard over nothing, and declares that he or she has the right to determine whether sails are raised is controlling and manipulative, perhaps even abusive.

I hope the experience of sailing with this virago causes the submissive husband in this scenario to re-evaluate his relationship with her. It is amazing what a tiller or wheel can do to transform a man or a marriage. Perhaps he will grow a pair and dump the shrew.
Bitter much?
This comes damn close to ambulance chasing. Y'know, you being a divorce attorney and all.
sawingknots likes this.

It's 5 o'clock somewhere:

post #37 of 157 Old 01-10-2012
John

Send a message via AIM to ImASonOfaSailor Send a message via MSN to ImASonOfaSailor Send a message via Yahoo to ImASonOfaSailor Send a message via Skype™ to ImASonOfaSailor
First off most of you are stuck on your selfs! Secondly you guys are in 40 ft or bigger monos!

Third its a 25 ft mono and they must have been in weather that they shouldnt have been in with a 25 ft boat and i dont think this guys has sailed in heavey weather if it was light air they boat would not have responded like
"WIFEY " is saying how she was past her comfort ZONE

Fourthly this is a FORUM if people have issues with things this is a place they can come to talk! SO dont jump on someone that is talking about another!

Fifthly.. Multihul guys are so different then you MONO people!

CaptainJp3
Reynolds 21

licensed OUPV/6-pack
Great Lake Erie, Marine State Park

"""Here's a toast to you on the coast and the sailors out at sea Drink your ales, hoist your sails Ride the windssssssssss and think of me,,,,,,,,,, 'cause Oh I wish I was there tonight"""
post #38 of 157 Old 01-10-2012 Thread Starter

Last edited by Wifey; 01-10-2012 at 12:57 PM.
post #39 of 157 Old 01-10-2012
Sunsets and Warm Beer....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswilson29 View Post
It is amazing what a tiller or wheel can do to transform a man or a marriage. Perhaps he will grow a pair and dump the shrew.
LOL-LMAO-HOLY SHIITE!!! Dude is cuttin DEEP!

1971 23' Oday Pop Top
S/V Frida

You can't steer a boat that isn't moving? Just like a life - P. Lutus
post #40 of 157 Old 01-10-2012
SERIOUS SAILOR

1. Stay home. Let him single hand and get familiar with the boat, or just leave him alone and let him sail the boat.

2. Only go out with him in perfect conditions.

3. Take lessons together.

So, unless he's a balding, overweight middle aged man who drives a mini van and has no penis, leave him alone and let him learn to sail his new boat. Get some "you" time while he's out on the water. I think I'm with the lawyer dude on this one.

1982 Catalina 25 #2897
FK/SR/Traditional
Eagle Mountain Lake, Texas

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.