SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Meet & Greet at Toronto Show? (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/82734-meet-greet-toronto-show.html)

bljones 01-15-2012 07:11 PM

Meet & Greet at Toronto Show?

For those attending the Toronto International Boat Show next weekend, or for those just in the general vicinity looking for a reason to drink, The Dock Six Chronicles will be sponsoring a Meet and Greet on Saturday, Jan 21st at 8:00 pm, in The Chart Room at the Westin Harbour Castle. We hope to see you there.

flyingwelshman 01-15-2012 08:15 PM

Oh Man!

I was down there yesterday.

I might, however be convinced to make the trek down the 400 again, given the right incentive....

bljones 01-15-2012 08:18 PM

I'll buy the first shot.

And rumour has it somebody is going to bring a two-stroke chainsaw for me to attempt to start.

killarney_sailor 01-15-2012 09:49 PM

I will try to make it. I am going to the show tomorrow (avoid the crowds) but might come down for the evening.

JordanH 01-16-2012 12:18 AM

d'oh. I spent 6 hours there today. Not too busy compared to previous years.

I'm going again tomorrow morning for a few hours... Probably there about noon.

scottbr 01-16-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JordanH (Post 817234)
d'oh. I spent 6 hours there today. Not too busy compared to previous years.

I'm going again tomorrow morning for a few hours... Probably there about noon.

Did you check out the Hunter 33 at the show? If you did, then that was me there as the "Ambassador" along with my wife.

I'll be back at the Hunter booth on Tues aft./ eve. and next Sat. to meet up.

JordanH 01-16-2012 10:24 AM

The wife pulled the plug after we saw the Hunter 45. I'll go back and check out the other ones today.

Funny you should mention the ambassadors... We had a good chuckle as we were blatantly overlooked by *all* of the sales folks on all of the boats. Apparently we don't look like we're the target market?? But really... sometimes we were practically onboard by ourselves and guys didn't even come over to say hi or ask if we had questions (which I did).

Anyway... back to the show! We'll be there around noon.

scottbr 01-16-2012 09:53 PM

I have 4 tickets available .... first come first served.

I get tics from our marina each year and I won 4 tickets from the Tor Boat Show online contest.

I am down to the show twice courtesy of True North Yachts as an "ambassador" and will be down on Sat.

Friends of ours just won the 2 nights at the Harbour Castle, Leafs tickets and 2 tickets to the show so don't need ours obviously.

Send me an email and I'll leave them at Will Call at the Show Office.

I will be at the show tomorrow ( Tues) and will have my BB ( to get emails ) tickets, an envelope and pen, to leave the tickets otherwise will be Sat am.

flyingwelshman 01-16-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottbr (Post 817573)
I have 4 tickets available .... first come first served.

I get tics from our marina each year and I won 4 tickets from the Tor Boat Show online contest.

I am down to the show twice courtesy of True North Yachts as an "ambassador" and will be down on Sat.

Friends of ours just won the 2 nights at the Harbour Castle, Leafs tickets and 2 tickets to the show so don't need ours obviously.

Send me an email and I'll leave them at Will Call at the Show Office.

sbrookes at sentex dot ca

I will be at the show tomorrow ( Tues) and will have my BB ( to get emails ) tickets, an envelope and pen, to leave the tickets otherwise will be Sat am.

Very generous.

killarney_sailor 01-19-2012 05:15 PM

Is the Meet and Greet still on? Just checking.