SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

vintage faucet?

4K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  amyspins 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a vintage galley sink faucet (hand pump style)

does anyone know where I should look?

Thanks

#9 ·
Well now you all bring up some good points - of course I was reflecting on form over function- hadn't thought about having to wash one hand at a time-

but since I single hand anyway - :)

I'll have to give it some more thought. Those old chunky brass fixtures just look so lovely.

I'm in the process of buying an H-28 -

#12 ·
If you are on the west coast Minney's Yacht Surplus in Newport Beach has another bin full. Those funky brass pumps used to be plumbed for seawater for washing and cooking to conserve freshwater. Works good for pasta, not so good for shaving.:eek:

#15 ·
I love the foot pump on my boat. Unfortunately, so does my four-year-old. It has absolutely fascinated her since the day she discovered how it works (many, many tanks of freshwater ago).

#16 ·
THanks for all the ideas - I'm in CT - don't know if there is such a place with bins full of old bronze faucets around here!

I have a 4 year old too- since i'm just buying the boat - she hasn't discovered the foot pumps yet- but thanks for the heads up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.