Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2012

peterchech is on a distinguished road
experience with "rigging only" online store

Does anyone have experience with rigging only? Their price for 1x19 wire is less than half of defenders, is it still quality stuff? Just seems too good to be true lol...

Here's a link to the wire I'm looking at: Rigging Only - 3/16 1x19 type 316 stainless
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-09-2012

mm2187 is on a distinguished road
I have been to the rigging only store in Fairhaven and they seem to be very knowledgeable. I have bought a few things from there. I would recommenend the store, if your concerned give them a call.

If you are that converned you could alway price match.
Old 02-09-2012

mananamon is on a distinguished road
I've bought turnbuckles and some other hardware from them and found them to be knowledgable and honest. No problems.

Rich
Old 02-09-2012

tommays will become famous soon enough
They did a great job at a very fair price on my compleat Cal 29 standing rigging and after one full season there were no issues

Even the small stuff like every part having and ID tag

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1981 J24 Tangent 2930
Tommays
Northport NY

If a dirty bottom slows you down what do you think it does to your boat
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-09-2012

hump180 is on a distinguished road
They are good. They just helped me with a problem yesterday. They work online...but are an experienced hands on shop first and foremost.
Old 02-15-2012

Argyle38 is on a distinguished road
I can also give Rigging Only a thumbs up. I can't tell one grade of stainless from another by looking but they claim to use inspected and tested high quality stainless plus their prices are competitive.

I had them cut and ship my lifelines (1x19 bare wire with Hi-Mod end fittings) and the hardware looked great and still does, about 4 years later.

Just last week, I went back to them for my shrouds. I drove up there (had other business in the area) with my old shrouds in the car, on Friday (2/10). The shrouds are a pair of uppers and four lowers total (single spreader on DE cutters). I got swaged fittings on the top (mast) end of each cable with the bottom end left bare for Hi-Mod mechanicals, also purchased from them.

Yesterday, Tuesday the 14th the new shrouds arrived by FedEx. Everything looks good so far. Unless there is an issue with the lengths cut, this will be a nearly picture perfect transaction. I really can't believe they did a two day turnaround on rigging.

They must either be really slow or really want my repeat business. They'll get it, but I'm no high-roller so I hope they ain't expecting too much.
blowinstink likes this.
Downeaster 38 #40

Old 02-15-2012

aeventyr60 is on a distinguished road
Bought all my rigging stuff from them 14 years ago. price, service, value all there. I got wire locally as the shipping on 500' of 5/16th SS wire killed the cost.

Sometimes you can get a local industrial supply store to order you wire and chain. Loos wire is sold by many other shops then the traditional marine outlets.

"Your dreams minus your doubts equals your net worth"

Life is a short journey, filled with emptiness and pain. Get all the sailing and booty you can.
Old 02-16-2012

meuritt is on a distinguished road
After a phone consultation, I went with their suggestion to swage the uppers and use Norsemen on the lowers. We mad some additional purchase with the order that was wrong size. An email got return authorization and all is good. They couldn't have been better to work with.
Old 02-16-2012
1973 Viking 33

SloopDogg is on a distinguished road
Hey Tommays,

How much did that standing rigging cost you. I'm looking for someone to do my Viking 33 currently at FL tripps
Old 02-16-2012
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopDogg View Post
Hey Tommays,

How much did that standing rigging cost you. I'm looking for someone to do my Viking 33 currently at FL tripps
We have a member here, Knothead, who is a rigger and a he can do the work for you and ship it out.. You can ship him your existing stuff and he can renew it.. might be worth checking into. I know others here have used him and been pleased with the results.. Maybe send him a PM.

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)