Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2012
Superior Sailor

Squidd is on a distinguished road
Re: 52' houseboat aground holly hill,FL.

Firstly it's not really "pirate constitution" or "admiralty law" as much as it is pirate code...

"Secondly, you must be a pirate for the Pirate's Code to apply, and you're not.

Thirdly, the code is more what you'd call guidelines than actual rules."

Last edited by Squidd; 06-21-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-22-2012

texas pirate is on a distinguished road

o.k. here we go again. look under navigable servitude clause and find under admiralty law,right to navigation. The laws governing our waterways are very vast. I did everything in my power to remove my boat but was stopped by the state of florida. I cannot go into all of the legistics of this case,but you can bet i will exaust every avenue of law availiable to me.Also, the state statutes 327 are very clear. No county or city has the authority to regulate anchoring or mooring in navigable waters. Please read these statutes and be kind next time you make a comment regarding this matter. I am trying to not only to protect my rights but also yours when i take this case to federal court.
Old 06-22-2012

Mobnets is on a distinguished road

Texas:
First, I've been following this thread the last couple of days and am not going to take any shots at you. I googled up the old news articles December through early March and then after the boat was removed to storage the story pretty much died.

What's transpired since then and where are you currently at with the whole situation?

One thing I found interesting was that the police stopped you from using a power washer in your attempts to free your vessel, citing environmental damage concerns, but (per the news photos and captions) that's the first thing they resorted to when attempting to free your vessel. I'm sure the damage was much greater at that point than it would have been months earlier before your vessel really got settled in to its accidental location.

Mobnets
Paceship Chance 32/28 "Westwind"
Old 06-22-2012
SERIOUS SAILOR

JoeDiver is on a distinguished road

Good...I'm glad you posted the reference to navigable servitude. That makes sense now....since you were engaged in commerce and the government entity sought to preserve the navigable waterway by removing a hazard...okay, it all makes sense now.

I can't find any reference to "legistics"....is this some form of legal logistics? Or is it something else you made up, or mis quoted, or took out of context.

I do find it quite curious that you have all this money for an extensive legal battle, but didn't have any money to clear your hazard to navigation.

Or, is this just more smoke?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1982 Catalina 25 #2897
FK/SR/Traditional
Eagle Mountain Lake, Texas
Old 06-22-2012

tommays will become famous soon enough

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1981 J24 Tangent 2930
Tommays
Northport NY

If a dirty bottom slows you down what do you think it does to your boat
Old 06-22-2012

Finally, someone who knows a little of what has happened. So far I've to court three times and have won a significant battle. the city tried to auction my boat but i have it homesteaded. they did'nt see that coming. now they are stuck and running around like chickens with their heads cut off. I am confident in my abilty to fight this corrupt city government in federal court. You're right the state of florida stopped me from using a pressure washer but let the city use one. talk about discrimination.
Old 06-22-2012

my boat was not a hazard. and again read up on your rights to navigate and also not just federal laws but state statutes starting at 327
Old 06-22-2012
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about

"o.k. here we go again. look under navigable servitude clause"
ROFLTMAO, obfusticate away. If you can't say or quote the clause you think applies...
Lincoln cut loose the slaves, servitude has been invalidated in the US. "Navigable servitude" doesn't appear in my edition.

"and find under admiralty law,right to navigation."
You're beached, hard beached, you're not navigating.

" I did everything in my power to remove my boat but was stopped by the state of florida. " That seems to be the only question, what you did (which you won't disclose) and just how many months or years it is reasonable to wait. You certainly don't seem to have any want or knack for building public opinion in your favor.

This is not the way to preserve anyone's rights. Pulling the boat off is one thing. Washing away the island...quite another.
Old 06-22-2012

Mobnets is on a distinguished road

Texas:
Thanks for the update. No matter what side of the fence the Sailnet members weigh in on regarding this situation it is an interesting one. In the end, I just hope you get your boat back.

Mobnets
Paceship Chance 32/28 "Westwind"
Old 06-22-2012

tommays will become famous soon enough

For better or worse they are real prickly about wetlands dammage up this way and any type of dredging is always a nightmare of permits

Even Billy Joel with all his money had issues with his oyster bay dock

1981 J24 Tangent 2930
Tommays
Northport NY

If a dirty bottom slows you down what do you think it does to your boat