Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2012
Sunsets and Warm Beer....

LandLocked66c is on a distinguished road
Re: 52' houseboat aground holly hill,FL.

Was it these guys? Looks like they've been taken care of...

You can't steer a boat that isn't moving? Just like a life - P. Lutus
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-27-2012
SERIOUS SAILOR

JoeDiver is on a distinguished road

Yeah, took care of those guys....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1982 Catalina 25 #2897
FK/SR/Traditional
Eagle Mountain Lake, Texas

Last edited by JoeDiver; 06-27-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-27-2012
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about

Right, tell me to grow up. And ignore the question I asked you, as to how you figure you can bring a piracy charge when the US and international laws say there's no such thing on inland waters.

Florida's Baker Act, for those who don't know it, allows for 48-hour lockup pyschological examinations when someone is acting irrationally or possibly endangering themselves.

If Tex brings enough lawsuits that are thrown out as frivolous...they'll order a psychological examination and lock him up for 48 hours.

Bringing suits for imaginary crimes is a good way to make that happen. Showing evidence of delusions, another way to make that happen.

Tex, I'm not calling you names, i'm just saying that you're throwing around terms that are irrational, and showing an inability to respond on point to any question about them. You can call the judge names too--but act that way in front of a couple of them, and they'll order an examination.

Of course, styling yourself a pirate and then claiming piracy against yourself, that's a pretty rich joke to begin with. Under western common law, pirates were outlawed and despite the 14th amendment, you'd still be held unable to bring charges of piracy against anyone as, as an equitable matter.

Once your suits and delays are formally labelled frivolous (or worse) you may be held liable for court costs, storage fees, and other expenses as well. So by all means keep it up. You've had fair warning you're digging yourself into a deeper hole. Doesn't matter if that offends you, that's the way they're going to read it and play it. Your choice is whether you want to keep on digging. And further pissing off the folks who now hold your boat, ergh, housebarge, along with the courts.

AG's office? No federal jurisdiction. They're just making sure about that, and they'll take their time and make Real Damn Sure so they can put that out in a press release.
Old 06-27-2012
Back to just the Jon boat

therapy23 is on a distinguished road

Wow.

Best of luck.

Last edited by therapy23; 06-27-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 06-27-2012
Back to just the Jon boat

therapy23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandLocked66c View Post
Good luck to him too.

I espceially like the part about Luhrs dock being closer to the channel than his boat.
Old 06-28-2012

texas pirate is on a distinguished road

navigable waters act 1977 and inland navigable waters act 1980. This will give you some information on this matter. My claims are not frivilous. But you are safe in your dingy from any actions taken against you. A.G.'s office just called me this morning and are sending the neccessary paperwork to start the process. They also advised me to contact the local F.B.I as to my complaint so to start an investigation. If any of you doubt the legality of my claims,you can call any maritime experienced attorneys and ask them if this matter has merit or not. Again, please refrain from comments regarding the baker act, since you obviously do not know maritime laws governing our nations waterways. maybe you need to spend time in time-out.
Old 06-28-2012
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about

"navigable waters act 1977 and inland navigable waters act 1980."
No doubt, tex, but if you'd use the proper names fo whatever you're referring to, you might make a point.
Can anyone find any reference to "acts" of those names?

Or just to USC 333 and 333 CFR 245, the latter of which interestingly forces constructtive abandonment in order to ensure wrecks are promptly cleared.

How come none of the laws you cite can actually be looked up and located, tex? None of them, any them?

AG passed it off and told you to try the FBI to see if they thought any federal crime was done?

I'm still waiting to hear of any federal law defining piracy as being possible, inside the venue of any of our states. Every new point you make, you similarly fail to be able to cite any sources for. Or do you think someone is reading your posts and then rapidly removing all the answers from all the search engines?

I'd really like to see you get your home back, and a couple of nice anchors, and some engines, and an apology from all those people. But so far, you're just giving them all the ammunition and we all know how that plays out.

"Mickey Smith: You're just making it up as you go along!
The Doctor: Yup. But I do it brilliantly. "
[Doctor Who, The Age of Steel, 2006]

Last edited by hellosailor; 06-28-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old 06-28-2012
SERIOUS SAILOR

JoeDiver is on a distinguished road

You know...I was starting to sit back and watch....thinking maybe this guy has a point....but this last post is just whacko.

I find no reference to any "Navigable Waters Act of 1977"...however there is a Clean Water Act of 1977.

There is a Navigable Rules Act of 1980....but what it has to do with all this.....ask the Coast Guard I guess.

While it's perfectly okay for an individual to contact the FBI....I feel it highly doubtful the Florida State Attorney General would advise an individual to contact the FBI to initiate an investigation. The AG would do this themselves once they decided to take on the prosecution of this...BUT I highly doubt the AG would even acknowledge this outside of "hire an attorney and prosecute" advise to the complainant.

Quote:
Again, please refrain from comments regarding the baker act, since you obviously do not know maritime laws governing our nations waterways.
Here's a link to some more info on Florida's Baker Act. It has nothing to do with maritime law.

I'm sorry Tex...and I'm not trying to call names...but seriously, now you're just coming over as a blathering fool....and in all of this, perhaps the Baker Act is the most appropriate citation in the whole thread.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1982 Catalina 25 #2897
FK/SR/Traditional
Eagle Mountain Lake, Texas
Old 06-28-2012
Plausible Deniability

Joe-
"I feel it highly doubtful the Florida State Attorney General would advise an individual to contact"
I had occassion to contact a Florida "authority" in order to try getting their handicapped parking rules enforced for someone who needed to use one. The lot owners had installed hald the legally required number of spots, which lead to a lot of canes and walkers being bashed about for months and months and I said, oh, this is silly, let's just get the law enforced.
I got referred between SEVEN municipal, state, country, and local agencies, each one saying, gee, that's someone else's job. Worked my way up the scale to Talahassee so that when the **** ran back downhill, no one could complain they hadn't been given a chance. Sure enough Talahassee said "No, what you read is the law, there are no exemptions, there is no grandfathering, if they don't want to fix it we'll come down and apply the daily fines ($10k?) retroactive to the day they built it."

Funny thing, when you have quotes for chapter and verse, there's only so much bumph that can pushed around. When you can't cite chapter and verse--it often means someone is just trying to push around more bumph.

Rarely as well as when Doctor Who does it.
Old 08-28-2012

Harrison B is on a distinguished road

The saga continues. The City of Holly Hill now owns the boat.

Holly Hill buys seized houseboat to recoup losses - News