SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   New England get together (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/83909-new-england-get-together.html)

smallboatlover 02-15-2012 10:49 AM

New England get together

I Had a idea. What if we get People from new england to a get together raft up and such. Please respont to this thread if you would like to participate in it. ANd ideas were we should have it.

RobGallagher 02-15-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smallboatlover (Post 831768)
I Had a idea. What if we get People from new england to a get together raft up and such. Please respont to this thread if you would like to participate in it. ANd ideas were we should have it.

Depending on where and when. New England is a big place :D

I would help arrange something in the Mystic/Stonington/Watch Hill area.

I would highly recommend Noank (mouth of the mystic river), there is lots of room to anchor, plenty of transient slips and moorings and easy to get in/out. It's very quiet and only a dinghy ride to restaurants, bars and the Mystic Seaport. There is a small grocery store, a chandlery, quaint breakfast joint and liquor store a very short walk from the town dock.

smallboatlover 02-15-2012 11:34 AM

ok how about fogland lol sorry im limited to distance. with my 16' but i don't mind if i can't go if theres a lot of other people that could make it other places

mm2187 02-15-2012 12:35 PM

For those who dont know Fogland is on the Sakonnet River which starts on the backside of Newport, RI

CalypsoP35 02-15-2012 12:43 PM

I could meet anywhere around Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard Sounds. OK I get it, every response so far has been in a different part of NE, yes the NE coastline is pretty long. I'd like to get to Newport this summer, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it there this year.

eherlihy 02-15-2012 12:57 PM

I could be there... assuming that I get my rudder installed by whenever this is held...

smallboatlover 02-15-2012 04:51 PM

it would be in the summer some time like july. or june. or agust some thing like that fogland would probally be the best i would just have to check to make sure this isn't another raft happening there that day.

Don0190 02-15-2012 08:40 PM

The probem is that NE is a big place. No way could I say leave Boston to be in CT for a get together and get back on a weekend.

eherlihy 02-15-2012 09:15 PM

Cuttyhunk?

Also, the Sakkonnet river can be a treacherous place for the uninitiated. (Is that damn bridge done yet?:mad:)

I would suggest Cuttyhunk, as it may be more easily accessible to more people. Also, I believe that it would be far less challenging for a raft up - assuming the weather cooperates - because we would not be near a sometimes crowded channel.

BostonSailor 02-15-2012 09:59 PM

I'll cast a vote for the Boston outer islands!