SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

i've stood all i can stand and me can't stands no more

5K views 36 replies 19 participants last post by  Leocat66 
#1 ·
for the last 5 years i've had my py26 up here on a tenessee river [pond] lake,come mar.1st i'll be headed down to mobile bay and beyond [final destination undecided] my plan is to cruise until hur. season,at some point along the way i hope to sell my boat and not bring it back to tn. my boat is as ready as it will likely be,2 depth finders,2 handheld gps,2 vhf radios a diesel inboard with extra parts and a 9.9 outboard [just in case] and i have a solar system i'm franticly installing,ive already bought a laptop for comunicating and gathering info,any thoughts,advice will be appreciated!

#37 ·
Hope to see you down this way soon. Never done the Ten Tom but know a few who have. I hear that the tow traffic is quite a challenge, especially in the sharp narrow switchbacks. Have a friend who just came down from some small town in TN. I cannot recall the name of the town, but he was on the S/V Navigator and is now in South Shore Harbor on Lake Pontchartrain. His trip down was fairly easy except for the locks, and I am sure that you know about those, having traveled up. He has made the trip several times and will not travel after dark.

All the best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.