SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

The most controversial thread EVER to be posted to SailNet!!!!! Right HERE

6K views 49 replies 39 participants last post by  knothead 
#1 ·
I propose a contest, for the most controversial thread ever to be posted to sailnet. The post must be a simple question or assertion. Here is my entry:

I have finally found the perfect anchor for all boats in all conditions. Just look at the large fluke area. All other anchors are now considered useless ballast. See photo below for THE PERFECT ANCHOR FOR ALL BOATS.:D

Beat that!
MedSailor

See less See more
#8 ·
I propose that late term abortion should be legal up until 18 years from date of conception. If that date cannot be determined, then last known drunkfest would qualify.

#18 ·
That's one for the "Most annoying newbie question" post - this is the "controversial" post. ;)

#12 ·
I like to cruise thru quiet anchorages all night running the generator, with the Karaoke machine blaring full volume while taking potshots at otters with a high power rifle using bullets made of spent uranium.
Anyone got a problem with that?

#19 ·
This one should be posted on a powerboat site, where you belong - you are talking to SAILORS here. :eek:

#20 ·
I have my wife do them, right after she finishes pressing my underwear. She doesn't get her shoes back until she's done. :)

Reactions: upei1
#14 ·
Heaving-to on modern boats is impossible so I don't even need to know what heaving-to means before I set out on my circumnavigation in my $2500 22' cb hunter with no sailing experience. Never bothered with a haulout or survey either, they're not in the budget because instead I bought that brand new HD video camera to record the entire trip for facebook.

#17 ·
I propose that be mounted on my bow and the rest of scallywags hand over yer Rum & Gin...

:D

Brad
s/v KIVALO

#27 ·
My A$$ hat slip neighbor complained the other day when I let Izzy dock the boat. Damage was minimal, what the heck was his problem?

#28 ·
I've got two bulldogs that have never been on the boat before. Do you have a source for large dog life jackets.

#29 · (Edited)
Me and my old lady (who did a solo circumnavigation when she was 12) scored a great deal on a great project boat - fully equipped with granite counters, and a deck-mounted sea-whiz (for defense against pirates and zombies). We are always scrapping and we thought that an extended cruise in a small, confined space would be a great way to work out our problems.

We have never done this before so we have a couple of questions:
  • Should we be more concerned about penetration or knock-down power? (In our choice of handguns - what did you think?)
  • Should we go with instant, perc, drip or espresso?
  • Gosslings or Captain Morgan or Appleton's?
  • 'Thongs' - worn on the feet?
  • Does anyone have any good maps for the coast of Cuba?
  • The wife thinks that Francesco Schettino is kinda hot, and that people have been too hard on him. What do you think?

Well, that's all for now.

Thanks

#30 ·
I just picked up a beat up old albin vega that's been sitting under a tree for the last 20 years for free. I've never sailed before but I plan on moving aboard with my six newfies and doing a circumnavigation. I don't have enough to fix the engine so I'm planning getting rid of it and harnessing the dogs to swim and pull me down the ICW without a motor. Has anyone tried this? Since the dogs eat so much, I figured i could bring a few assault rifles to shoot birds and fish to supplement cans of dog food that I can heat up in boiling water.

#33 ·
"I just finished my first ASA course last week, and I've got a really nice-looking pair of Topsiders. How come the owner of the boat I crew on won't listen to me when I tell her what she's doing wrong?"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.