Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Coast Ontario
Thanked 93 Times in 82 Posts
Rep Power: 10
Re: Can I sail to the Bahamas with NO experience?
Not to make light of the difficulties of the journey, but let's not overcomplicate it. Novice cruisers have been fumbling through the Bahamas for decades. Really, when you get down to it, there is little difference between a novice sailing in skinny water in the bahamas and sailing in skinny water in the USA- the biggest hurdle is getting there. Make friends, introduce yourself, get time on the water before setting out, and prep your boat. buddy boating and picking your window, then continuing to keep an eye on the weather and being prudent will take you a long way.
Find the best decent old Bayfield 29 or Alberg 30 or Grampian 30 for 80% of your boat budget, then spend the other 20% making it better, and go.
It's 5 o'clock somewhere:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.