Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2012

snider is on a distinguished road
Re: Changing Tack, Ideas About the Next Boat

Thanks Jeff. We do plan to keep the Starwind at the dock for around 8 or 9 months a year, depending on if we can get a better rate for 12 months we may just leave her there year round. It's just nice to have the option to put her on a trailer for Dec, Jan, Feb. Especially since some marinas around here give you the best price if you pay for 3 months at a time. I'll look at some of the boats you mentioned. I would prefer a fractional rig but it's not a deal breaker. That Bristol is a good looking boat, wish it had a tiller though. It's funny that seems to be one of the main thing my wife wants. Every boat we've owned except the Catalina 27 was tiller steering and she hated that boat. I really do like the J34C. It's just so stinking expensive, we'd have to wait 7 years or so to make it happen. Which may be an option. Thanks

The wife does like salty boats, I bet she would go for that Bristol, especially if we found one with a tiller.

What do you think about a J/28? A quarter birth would be nice for the kid.

Or a Beneteau First 32?
Pearson 32?
Sabre 28?
First 310? Maybe a little light?
J/30?
First 285?
I'm browsing yacht world for my price range.

Souljour may have been right, maybe I am thinking to small. Maybe I should try 32-35.? My wife and I just both prefer smaller boats.

Last edited by snider; 04-25-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-26-2012

Pearson 31 Sailboat

This looks like a deal. In the past when I've thought a good deal has popped up I've checked it out and bought it if it were close to what I wanted. For the next boat that's one reason why I'd like to have a short list. Since I'm in no hurry I can keep an eye out for one as they come available. That way we get a boat that meets our needs as closely as possible. Any other ideas anyone?

Last edited by snider; 04-26-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 04-28-2012

What do you guys think about an Alajuela 33? I've always loved these but they are so few and far between. We saw one in MD a few years back and my wife loved it. Seems like a good size with an anchor platform and tiller steering. I've seen a couple go for $35,000 on the west coast. I'm not sure I've ever seen one for sale on the East coast though.

1979 Alajuela Alajuela sailboat for sale in Washington

I guess I should have put this in the boat buying forum, sorry about that.
Old 04-28-2012

souljour2000 is on a distinguished road

That' a nice boat...probably worth every penny...high hours on the Nissan and no sails so I'd make an offer that's a good chunk less...it's a buyer's market they say...Afterall...there's alot of 40-footers plus that are on the market for less that are pretty solid;they just don't have all that fine joinery...but also as a double-ender she will demand more..that's a nice boat as I said...
snider likes this.

Tags
j/28 , j/30 , performance cruiser