SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Vancouver area : looking about sharing a boat (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/86762-vancouver-area-looking-about-sharing-boat.html)

SFU 04-28-2012 01:57 AM

Vancouver area : looking about sharing a boat
 
Hi down there,

Observation #1 : Most boat are under-used.
Observation #2 : Moorage is not cheap and very difficult to find here

So here is the Super Idea #2,345 : Why not share a boat !

Wonderfull isn't it ? And I am sure nobody though about it before me :D


I am pretty open on the condition :
- It could be a share ownership
- It could be your boat and I participate on expenses and maintenance for having the boat a week end per month
- It could be the other way
- It could be another idea I didn't think of


The tricky part will be to find a person that is a good match (and here I won't be that open to avoid any issue).

If you are interested, or just want to get in touch to chat a little, please PM me.
We can meet and have a coffee, talk a little bit, see if we are a doable pair , and if it is possible to work out something.

SFU


PS : Here are some detail about us :
We just toped 40 (damn it !!). We are pretty easy going, have the habit of not taking ourself too seriously, don't pretend to be awesome sailors (we are not), and smart enough to know our limits.

PaulinVictoria 04-28-2012 03:36 AM

Re: Vancouver area : looking about sharing a boat
 
There are often shares up on craigslist in Vancouver, but I guess you check that.

jackdale 04-28-2012 09:38 AM

Re: Vancouver area : looking about sharing a boat
 
One4Yachts is a fractional ownership company in Vancouver

One 4 Yacht Fractions

Jack

SloopJonB 04-28-2012 12:52 PM

Re: Vancouver area : looking about sharing a boat
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SFU (Post 864350)
Hi down there,

Observation #1 : Most boat are under-used.
Observation #2 : Moorage is not cheap and very difficult to find here

So here is the Super Idea #2,345 : Why not share a boat !

Wonderfull isn't it ? And I am sure nobody though about it before me :D


I am pretty open on the condition :
- It could be a share ownership
- It could be your boat and I participate on expenses and maintenance for having the boat a week end per month
- It could be the other way
- It could be another idea I didn't think of


The tricky part will be to find a person that is a good match (and here I won't be that open to avoid any issue).

If you are interested, or just want to get in touch to chat a little, please PM me.
We can meet and have a coffee, talk a little bit, see if we are a doable pair , and if it is possible to work out something.

SFU


PS : Here are some detail about us :
We just toped 40 (damn it !!). We are pretty easy going, have the habit of not taking ourself too seriously, don't pretend to be awesome sailors (we are not), and smart enough to know our limits.

There's a Hughes 38 berthed in Burrard Civic that is looking for a third member - $7500 buy in seems pretty reasonable.

SFU 04-30-2012 11:03 AM

Re: Vancouver area : looking about sharing a boat
 
Hi there,

Thanks for the answers

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulinVictoria (Post 864369)
There are often shares up on craigslist in Vancouver, but I guess you check that.

Yes I am keeping my eyes open in this direction.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack
One4Yachts is a fractional ownership company in Vancouver

Thanks Jack I will check them out, they look very 'professional' !

Quote:

Originally Posted by SloopJonB
There's a Hughes 38 berthed in Burrard Civic that is looking for a third member - $7500 buy in seems pretty reasonable.

Thx ! Do you have any contact info ?


Have a great one,

SFU

Faster 04-30-2012 11:28 AM

Re: Vancouver area : looking about sharing a boat
 
Assuming the sailing club angle didn't look that good after all? If you do go into a partnership arrangement make sure that all contingencies are sorted out in advance.. buyout rights, eventual dissolution of the whole partnership, sharing of duties, costs, obligations to each member as to how the boat is 'left' for the next guy - and esp how the insurance/deductable is to be dealt with in the event of one partner having an incident causing damage to the vessel and/or the equipment ( ie.. running aground, blowing out a sail, losing gear overboard)

This is just as important when you're partnering with 'buddies' or with strangers.

A good partnership arrangement will work well for all parties, each enjoying a much more substantial vessel than they might on their own. Good luck.

SloopJonB 04-30-2012 01:35 PM

Re: Vancouver area : looking about sharing a boat
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SFU (Post 865173)
Thx ! Do you have any contact info ? SFU

It's on Craigs.

sailboat share for sale

SFU 05-01-2012 10:25 AM

Re: Vancouver area : looking about sharing a boat
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Faster (Post 865187)
Assuming the sailing club angle didn't look that good after all?

Well there is some kind of drama going on, and the club split ! So now there is 2 clubs (one without a boat) so this adds up option.
(always look at the bright side.... of life ! ;) )

This can't be helped I think. When you have a group of 10 ppl sooner or later drama will occur. So that's why I am looking if there is a way to get a smaller group.
If not I will jump in on one of them.

Thx for the advice about the 'share plan'. Sorted everything out in advance is definitively the way to go !

Quote:

Originally Posted by SloopJonB
It's on Craigs.

:confused:
How did I miss that one ???

thx !


SFU

drhoward20 09-11-2012 07:37 AM

Re: Vancouver area : looking about sharing a boat
 
hi I am interested give me a call in south dakota fly out 3-4 weeks a year to sail howard 6054680176

TonyGoodrow 08-10-2013 02:41 PM

Re: Vancouver area : looking about sharing a boat
 
SFU...

Are you still looking for a boat sharing partner?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
(c) Marine.com LLC 2000-2012