Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2012
Chastened

BubbleheadMd will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to BubbleheadMd
Inspiration for ChrisNCate

You rebuilt the boat. She is ready, waiting to make stories with you. Sea Wooluf (Soon to be re-named Old Shoes) made some great stories this weekend:

Friday: Won a singlehand race against some very tough competitors.
Saturday: Had an awesome race crew practice, flew the spinnaker.
Sunday: Stumbled upon the Pride of Baltimore II out on the Bay:

Enjoy the journey, my friend.
1973 Pearson 30 #255
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-14-2012

sd1953 is on a distinguished road
Re: Inspiration for ChrisNCate

Great photos, she takes your breath away, doesn't she? Thanks for posting!
Old 05-14-2012
prwg, NOW!

chrisncate is on a distinguished road

Awesome, looks and sounds like it was a great weekend! Congrats on the win as well

I (we) had mothers day family commitments all weekend, but I did get somewhat a kick in the ass (inadvertently) by Cates side of the family regarding the boat. We met her clan over at the Crab Deck on Kent Island yesterday for mothersday, and everyone, all 20 of them.. were asking if we'd sailed over on such a nice day... I had to explain that we didn't, that we drove instead. When asked why, I naturally had no real reason to offer other than time and hassle/planning excuses. It sounded as weak an excuse as it was. They all already think we're nuts anyway, but still.. ouch. I didn't even try to explain any further.

Next Friday is our anniversary, I think I am going to make it a point to go sail together that day and spend the day (and maybe night) out there, away from the slip and the marina. Honestly I have just been focusing on work lately, I have dove headlong back into my occupation as I seem to have renewed interest in it (Plus we're broke, so..). All is good with the boat and the life, we're gonna be fine - no worries everyone
MedSailor likes this.
Old 05-14-2012
Chastened

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisncate View Post
Awesome, looks and sounds like it was a great weekend! Congrats on the win as well

I (we) had mothers day family commitments all weekend, but I did get somewhat a kick in the ass (inadvertently) by Cates side of the family regarding the boat. We met her clan over at the Crab Deck on Kent Island yesterday for mothersday, and everyone, all 20 of them.. were asking if we'd sailed over on such a nice day... I had to explain that we didn't, that we drove instead. When asked why, I naturally had no real reason to offer other than time and hassle/planning excuses. It sounded as weak an excuse as it was. They all already think we're nuts anyway, but still.. ouch. I didn't even try to explain any further.

Next Friday is our anniversary, I think I am going to make it a point to go sail together that day and spend the day (and maybe night) out there, away from the slip and the marina. Honestly I have just been focusing on work lately, I have dove headlong back into my occupation as I seem to have renewed interest in it (Plus we're broke, so..). All is good with the boat and the life, we're gonna be fine - no worries everyone

There would be little that is more romanctic than an anniversary spent at anchor near St. Mike's or Oxford. Plan a lavish menu, cook for her, place a rose in the V-berth for her to find, and rattle the rigging!
chrisncate likes this.
1973 Pearson 30 #255
Old 05-14-2012
prwg, NOW!

chrisncate is on a distinguished road

Good call, a capital idea my man..
Old 05-15-2012
"Fairhaven" Formosa 41

MedSailor is on a distinguished road

Bought 3 dozen cheap roses from Safeway once. Pulled the heads off them for the petals (though I wish I'd bought a couple more dozen (like 5 or more) for the project). Placed a couple on the dock, and in the cockpit, like a trail of breadcrumbs. The trail led to the V-berth where the bed was full of rose petals.

They smell really nice when "compressed" or "tussled about".

MedSailor
Old 05-15-2012
Chastened

Med-

I like it! I'll do that next time, I'm sure it'll go over very well!
1973 Pearson 30 #255
Old 05-15-2012

Cruiser2B is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisncate View Post
Congrats on your anniversary, I hope you have many many more. I am glad that you still have an interest in the lifestyle but understand the need to get your funds up before moving on. Keep your eye in the freedom and and parts of the world your boat will take you to. Thats whats keeping us going while we can't actually be cruisers just yet. We also try to get out on the water as much as possible too. I just love the feeling of freedom when sailing! Good Luck!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My two lovely ladies!!

Last edited by Cruiser2B; 05-15-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 05-15-2012
cruising all I can

joethecobbler is on a distinguished road

Mothers day- the obligitory holiday.

Last Mothers day I departed Ocracoke Is. in the late morning after being anchored in Silver Lake for a bit more than a week. The winds were "brisk " NW and leaving to the north bound for Manteo meant pointing quite high , a daunting task in a sloop rigged 32' Buccaneer heavily laden w/ improperly fitted hand me down main from a cal 26 and well used jib of unknown origin.
Upon settling into the sail I was informed that the day was in fact Mothers day and with that realization came the feeling of guilt , first for not remembering and second for not remembering to remember.
Cell service (don't care for phones anyhow) was scetchy at best , but I was able to "connect" long enough to fulfill my duties as a son, and wish Mom a happy mothers day.
The First mate, however , will forever remind me of my forgetfulness.
This Mothers day just past was entirely different. I was 100% on task ,up a 5am (as most days)and off to church to prepare the annual Mothers day breakfast and it went off spendide, Obligations met , all was well.
It all broke up with everyone on their way after services by noon .
After which I rode my bycycle back to the land-based domicile ,changed to more comfortable clothes and went directly to the boatyard to install the fuel tank I'd cleaned the night before and remove the Blackwater tank for cleaning and re-mounting.
Ah, a mothers day to remember.

So, Chrisncate, forget the rose pedals this mothers day. Instead,do some dumpsterdiving for a decent slightly pre-enjoyed manual marine head,pitch the composter overboard and continue the dumsterquest for a holding tank and hoses !
Make it a day she'll remember, after all it is her day.

be safe,have fun or what's the point.

I have been drunk now for over 2 weeks...I passed out and I rallied and got back on my feet.... gotta stop wishin'... gotta go fishin' down to rock bottom again...w/ just a few friends..just few friends...
Old 05-15-2012
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough

Congrats on a killer weekend bubble!

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40