SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Lets see your boat pets

5K views 36 replies 26 participants last post by  Capt Len 
#1 ·
I am not sure if a thread like this has already been done but I did not see one in “search”.

This thread is for anyone that has their creature on board with them at any time.
This is about any type of pet, be it bird, lizard, mouse, spider, snake, dog or cat…you get the idea.
Please post some pictures and / or any anecdotes about your creature that you care to share. (good or bad)
Don’t post pictures of Spot or Fluffy in the backyard but only post pictures of them on your boat, dingy, raft, on the beach, as long as it is boating related.
Perhaps someone thinking about having a pet on board might get a new idea or decide not to have a pet at all.

This is our dog “Trouble”…it is not just a name but a lifestyle. She is a pure bred mutt and a great dog. She does not join us every time we go out but she seems to enjoy her time on the boat. She always has her PFD on when not in the cabin (even though she swims like a fish) and is always
tethered when underway. Without fear, she would chase a pelican or dolphin near the boat while we are moving. It only took one over-nighter for her to learn it was OK to relieve herself on the floor of the cockpit.
While trouble is small as far as livestock goes, she could feed us for a couple days if we happened to get caught away from shore for a while as in a zombie apocalypse. Perhaps she would be more affective as bait. This is our boat creature and she brings smiles to the faces of all that meet her, especially my wife and myself.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.