Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Hillarious Spammer

Not sure if any of you guys saw the spammer this morning... or should I say "advertiser". I won't repost, but basically he came out with this "sail" or kite as he calls it to save stranded boats.

Now, never mind that this is a sailing forum. One would hope that we actually have sails for such an ill fated adventure. But his post was showing a Sea Ray looking boat with this kite tied on the front. Only saw it on my blackberry, so I am a bit hazy with the exacts. But you know, I thought to my self: What happens when the wind is blowing back out to sea?? And you got this huge motorboat and this kite thing hanging off the front. How do you steer it.

Oh Lord, my wife and I got a long laugh out of that one. Mark my words, some Sea Ray owner is going to go 90 miles out and tell his wife, "Don't worry if we run out of gas, we got the kite!" They find the boat 6 months later in Africa or something!

THe final laugh was the guys user name: Dingdong. BWAHAHA! Oh well, sorry no one else gets to see it. Jeff_h quickly removed it. I thought it would have helped cull the Motorboat population. Anyways, quite funny stuff.

Brian

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-08-2012
Senior Slacker

SlowButSteady is on a distinguished road
Re: Hillarious Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
...I thought it would have helped cull the Motorboat population. ...
It does seem to have Darwin Award potential.
Charlotte Bacon, Daniel Barden, Rachel Davino, Olivia Josephine Gay, Ana M. Marquez-Greene, Dylan Hockley, Dawn Hochsprung, Madeleine F. Hsu, Catherine V. Hubbard, Chase Kowalski, Jesse Lewis, James Mattioli , Grace McDonnell, Anne Marie Murphy, Emilie Parker, Jack Pinto, Noah Pozner, Caroline Previdi, Jessica Rekos, Avielle Richman, Lauren Rousseau, Mary Sherlach, Victoria Soto, Benjamin Wheeler, Allison N. Wyatt
Old 06-08-2012
Over Hill Sailing Club

smurphny is on a distinguished road

I saw that and my thoughts were the same about culling the powerboat pop. Just imagine those little hard chined spaceship Cruisers Inc. with spinnakers!
Old 06-08-2012

captainrizzo is on a distinguished road

I saw it too and those that commented were all over it!

"If you want to build a ship, don't herd people together to collect wood. Just teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea"
Antoine de Saint

My Blog: