SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Good Marinas in the Chesapeake (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/88558-good-marinas-chesapeake.html)

JMN412 06-13-2012 11:46 AM

Good Marinas in the Chesapeake

I just bought and restored (well i am about to be done restoring) a 25 foot Macgregor, and now i am looking for a place to keep it. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good, reasonably priced marina in the chesapeake area. I am looking at a place called Queens Creek Marina right now, but i dont know too much about it other than the ad I saw.

Thanks

JMN412 06-13-2012 11:59 AM

I guess i should clarify that i am looking in the virginia area

DRFerron 06-13-2012 12:01 PM

Re: Good Marinas in the Chesapeake

When I was first looking for marinas I started with the MD Clean Marina list, narrowed it down by location, then cost (most marinas post their fees), then made phone calls to see if they would take a boat of the size I had at the time (Venture 22), which narrowed it down considerably. Finally ended with the one marina that wouldn't charge me the 30 foot rate for keeping a 22 foot boat in the slip. Then I visited the marina to check out the surrounding area before handing over my money.

travlineasy 06-13-2012 02:28 PM

There was a lot of marinas between Queens Creek Marina and the end of Gywnn Island, some of which had great facilities and didn't charge much for a slip. It would be worth the drive just to visit them and find out what's available.

Good Luck,

Gary :cool:

JMN412 06-14-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travlineasy:884273
There was a lot of marinas between Queens Creek Marina and the end of Gywnn Island, some of which had great facilities and didn't charge much for a slip. It would be worth the drive just to visit them and find out what's available.

Good Luck,

Gary :cool:

You wouldnt happen to remember any names would you? Just so I can do some preliminary research. But i do plan to head down that way one weekend this month to take a look.

Thanks

DRFerron 06-14-2012 04:15 PM

They are probably all listed on Active Captain.

PalmettoSailor 06-14-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMN412 (Post 884808)
You wouldnt happen to remember any names would you? Just so I can do some preliminary research. But i do plan to head down that way one weekend this month to take a look.

Thanks

Were are you driving from and what are you looking for? I sailed out of Deltaville for several years and am at least familiar with most of the Marina's in that area if you are considering that side of the Piankatank.