Bought myself a Hardin45; A beautiful boat that everone admires.
There are/were quite a few repairs and replacements to make her to be sea worthy in MOHO.
1. replaces all of the electronics. None worked worth a damn.
2. replaced the commode. Rebuilt thrice and replaced it... have an MSD I on board that I need to install.
3. Rebuilt two blige pumps
4. Replaced the Fresh Water pump.
5. Replaced an A/C cooling pump.
6. Oil pressure gauge needs to looked at.
7. Need to acquire an EPRIB.
8. Boat is infested with Ants.
9. Refrigerator needs to be replaced
10. The varnish work is about five or more years behind in upkeep.
11. I dread in doing a full inspection of the masts. Including putting in a new masthead light.
12. Building a list of spare parts needing to be acquired.
And the Worst thing is when moving from an apartment to a boat you find you have WAY to much junk and no place for all it. So been giving away a lot of stuff. The stuff is disappearing very slowly.
The good thing; is that I'm fully retired and my new job is taking care of the "Rapture" one project at a time.
There have been lazy days and long work days... But hey!! I am working at a retiree's pace.
The answer to the title question is: He didn't want to make the repairs himself.