Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree112Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2012

bljones has a spectacular aura about bljones has a spectacular aura about
Re: Fond Fairwell

sounds like frivolous useless sailing to nowhere...with food.
Is that what you consider "serious" on the Chesapeake?
Oh right, two disappearing members with chef in their tag and a guy with a restaurant list in his sig sail there... of course it is!

See, I told you this could get ugly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Bingo.

Reminds me a lot of the FightClub days. Don't worry though, bl, you (we) are the farthest thing from a "serious sailor" that there is. Heh-heh.
Speak for yourself, dude- I sail in a shallow bay and post about food- that qualifies as serious.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-06-2012
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bljones View Post
sounds like frivolous useless sailing to nowhere...with food.
Is that what you consider "serious" on the Chesapeake?
Oh right, two disappearing members with chef in their tag and a guy with a restaurant list in his sig sail there... of course it is!
I like food. Sue me. Oh wait - that's on THIS side of the border.

Can't chef's and foodies sail too? We recently had a great SailNet rendezvous on the Chesapeake with people sailing in from all over the Bay. How is that not serious sailing?

I'm going to be up in Rochester and Torento next week. Where are you? First round is on me.
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

Old 07-06-2012

chall03 will become famous soon enough

The implication here seems to be that one is only a 'serious sailor' and thereby a worthy contributor if you've done 1000's of miles across some deep ugly bumpy bits of water.

If you daysail a modest boat every weekend on your local waterway, and enjoy it what is wrong with that?
Or if you race with a local club then how is that not sailing??

Surely this is the kind of sailing most people are actually doing for most of their life and therefore the members doing that probably have the most to add here.

How many circumnavigators/long distance cruisers do we actually have here?? I can think of only a handful. How many other members right now are seriously considering it?? Only another handful???

As for food, damn the stuff is good.

More threads about food and less threads about anchors. Thats my 2 cents for the Sailnet Moderators forward-looking visionary review committee

More threads about hamburgers, tacos, roasts in boat ovens, good wine and rum.
Hey isn't it the middle of summer over there???? Get out there and do some non-serious sailing
SVAuspicious likes this.

Last edited by chall03; 07-06-2012 at 05:40 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVAuspicious View Post
I like food. Sue me. Oh wait - that's on THIS side of the border.

Can't chef's and foodies sail too? We recently had a great SailNet rendezvous on the Chesapeake with people sailing in from all over the Bay. How is that not serious sailing?

I'm going to be up in Rochester and Torento next week. Where are you? First round is on me.
Glad you still have a sense of humour. the Dock is about an hour and a half outside of Toronto. c'mon down and we'll show you how it's done in northern freshwater.

Old 07-06-2012
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bljones View Post
Glad you still have a sense of humour. the Dock is about an hour and a half outside of Toronto. c'mon down and we'll show you how it's done in northern freshwater.
Doing it in one of the great lakes ? Breed 'em tough in your neck of the woods Jones.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett
Old 07-06-2012

Only two burners, no shore power or water, under 25', sailing the hell out of april -october. I DARE you Chessy big boat serious sailing air conditioning-and-refrigeration and three- digit price tag-knife owning, coffee snobbing, restaurant listing, white wine and china plate sailors to come roll with us. We're ghetto, and we like it like that.
BentSailor and -OvO- like this.

Old 07-06-2012

dnf777 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmDoctor View Post
Sometimes those good people come back after a cooling off period, sometimes new people come in who have a lot of experience to contribute and fill the void left by the old salts. It's just how forums work. There will always be newbies coming in asking the same questions, and it is important to welcome them warmly or the forum will die.

With several other forums I'm involved with, I've also noticed that some people contribute MORE (as measured by text lines) after they choose to leave, than before! ;-)

I've found this forum to be quite accomodating and friendly actually, so long as you don't follow any thread past the 4th or 5th page! That is also true on many other forums as well.

Well, I hope the OP decides to stick around in any case. I've enjoyed their posts very much.
Old 07-06-2012

sawingknots is on a distinguished road

all i'm saying is as a human being is at least you can say and post like as if you where talking face to face,if your inclined to be rude an obnoxious atleast be man[or women] enough to do that where people have a chance to respond personally not as just someone who likes to run off at the mout6h with no possibility of consenquences,arm chair sailors my ass. ken owens maryville tenn.
JimMcGee likes this.
Old 07-06-2012
Apropos of Nothing

painkiller will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Meh. The way I see it, if someone wants something to change - just have the stones to come out and say exactly what it is. This beating around the bush while trying to set up some hierarchy of posters is goofy - and seriously passive-aggressive. Every single poster has something to contribute. Even Painkiller.
I learned how to sail from reading SailNet! Here's a pic of me anchoring out for the first time:

I wet the rail even under anchor. Not even Smack can say that.
wingNwing likes this.
Closed Thread