Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree112Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2012
Senior Cruiser

sea_hunter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy:895259

That's as funny as it is disturbing.

BTW - you're now all soapy too.

PS - I'd like a show of hands...With all the chefs jumping overboard, how many of you had the old saying, "too many cooks in the kitchen" roll through your brain?
I'm merely filing the report as an innocent bystander not close enough to the splashing soap, but close enough to smell lavender, Pomade, Old Spice and Vaseline.
Old 07-11-2012
SERIOUS SAILOR

JoeDiver is on a distinguished road
Re: Fond Fairwell

I think the time has come that I must announce that I will no longer be posting in this thread.

I've really enjoyed my time here, and contributing to this topic, but I feel it has drifted so far off from what it was originally made for, I can no longer support this thread.

When this thread was first created, the discussion centered around why and fond farewells were given....but now...well, it's just changed so much. I feel that it's no longer focused and the chances of it coming back around are minimal at best.

Moving forward, I will search for and try to find new threads and topics to post in...just not this one anymore. I want to make it clear that I don't harbor any ill will or feeling to anyone, it's just that it's time for me to move on. I don't feel that the mods should have a private discussion about me leaving this thread, but if they do and anyone would like to discuss this further with me via PM, I'm open to that.

Farewell, "Fond Farewell" thread....

[/subscribe]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1982 Catalina 25 #2897
FK/SR/Traditional
Eagle Mountain Lake, Texas
Old 07-11-2012
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDiver View Post
I think the time has come that I must announce that I will no longer be posting in this thread.

I've really enjoyed my time here, and contributing to this topic, but I feel it has drifted so far off from what it was originally made for, I can no longer support this thread.

When this thread was first created, the discussion centered around why and fond farewells were given....but now...well, it's just changed so much. I feel that it's no longer focused and the chances of it coming back around are minimal at best.

Moving forward, I will search for and try to find new threads and topics to post in...just not this one anymore. I want to make it clear that I don't harbor any ill will or feeling to anyone, it's just that it's time for me to move on. I don't feel that the mods should have a private discussion about me leaving this thread, but if they do and anyone would like to discuss this further with me via PM, I'm open to that.

[/subscribe]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 07-11-2012

flyingwelshman will become famous soon enough

Quote:

[/subscribe]
DLTDHYOTAOTWO!

You are not a serious poster!
JoeDiver likes this.

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Yves Cousteau
Old 07-11-2012

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough

With JoeDiver's masterpiece, I think its time to lock this thread.
Old 07-11-2012

bljones has a spectacular aura about bljones has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

[/subscribe]
Frankly, this is a slap in the face to all of the serious posters who have contributed to this thread.
JoeDiver likes this.

Old 07-11-2012

cupper3 is on a distinguished road

Ibtl

Why are people happy to accept science which makes their life easier while rejecting science that makes their faith or beliefs more difficult?

Old 07-11-2012

Geoff54 is on a distinguished road

"BTW / Nttatwwt / Iblt " edit - missed one DLTDHYOTAOTWO

IWPWUWSIDHTKLTUITUD - I wish people would use words so I don't have to keep looking things up in the urban dictionary

Last edited by Geoff54; 07-11-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 07-11-2012

cupper3 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff54 View Post
"BTW / Nttatwwt / Iblt "

IWPWUWSIDHTKLTUITUD - I wish people would use words so I don't have to keep looking things up in the urban dictionary

Sorry... I thought IBTL ( In Before The Lock) was well known in forum land.

My mistake

Why are people happy to accept science which makes their life easier while rejecting science that makes their faith or beliefs more difficult?

Old 07-11-2012

Geoff54 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Sorry... I thought IBTL ( In Before The Lock) was well known in forum land.

My mistake
You know you are getting old when you not only have teenage grandniece but the messages that she sends you are incomprehensible. Sometimes I make something up in a message to her to get my revenge
Closed Thread