Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2004

kokopelli9 is an unknown quantity at this point
selling a boat...

Seems like there has been mention here of some free websites where you can post a "boat for sale"...help! please...I know of one that is for sale and I''m trying to help the owner do just that. Please clue me in so I can post the deal.

Thanks.
Bobbi
s/v Kokopelli
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-24-2004

jbanta is on a distinguished road
selling a boat...

As long as you aren''t a dealer trying to use this as free ad space I don''t see anything wroung with it..
Old 01-25-2004

selling a boat...

Thanks...I''m not a dealer, just a fellow sailor trying to help a neighbor. But what I really was hoping to get was the address of a free website for posting...I have heard mention of it and have also heard that it is a good source.

thanks,
Bobbi
s/v Kokopelli
Old 01-28-2004

hamiam is on a distinguished road
selling a boat...

no offense, but your seller is being foolish. pay the nominal amount to advertise it here or in soundings or on boatraderonline and you will reach a far wider audience. Not to squash Jim, but I think sailnet frowns on posting ads in the forums as they have a business to run and run a site that lists boats for sale called www.boatsearch.com / You can list the boat there for a flat fee of $50 and they keep your ad up until the boat sells.
Old 01-28-2004

selling a boat...

hamiam,
I did not post an ad here nor would I...and this is a situation in which right now my neighbor is not being foolish. I appreciate the attempt to help, but I am often amazed at the lack of reading that people do on these posts...my original question has yet to be answered. The free site was recommended many times over the past few years...and it is that site that I hope to get hooked up with.

Thanks.
Old 01-28-2004

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
selling a boat...

There used to be a whole rash of free sites on the internet but one by one they have gone away. The last time I looked www.Soundingsonline would run a free ad for a short period without a picture. WWW.cruisersforum.com will also run free ads with pictures as well. I have had a fair number of hits from ads on the Sailnet site and sold my Laser 28 through a listing on Sailnet. $50 bucks for an unlimited length ad is next to free.

I am not sure why I did not see your post but we all can''t be everywhere at once and it is becoming an increasingly difficult question.

Jeff
Old 01-29-2004

hamiam is on a distinguished road
selling a boat...

I dont know of any free sites, sorry. Try using google to search.
Old 02-03-2004

Sailmale is on a distinguished road
selling a boat...

You might try any bulletin boards meant for owners of the manufacturer of the boat you''re trying to help sell.

For instance, I used to own a Morgan, and I sold it last summer within a few weeks of mentioning that she was for sale on a bulletin board for Morgan owners. And not only did she sell quickly, but there was no cost to me. (One thing that clearly led to the quick sale was that she was priced right. I could have held out for a few more grand, but I was interested in moving her quickly so that I could buy another boat. The buyer got a bargain and I was able to get on with my life...the best of both worlds!)

I''ve found that would-be owners of certain types of boats subscribe to those lists in an effort to learn more about the boat they want to buy.
Old 02-03-2004

bthomasail is on a distinguished road
selling a boat...

Bobbi,

Try http://marinersguide.com/dockswap/ I don''t know if this is what you are looking for, but you can post a boat ad for free and by the region in which you live.

Good luck,
Bryon
"Shore Leave"
Old 02-06-2004

clearskies is on a distinguished road
selling a boat...

Don''t know what type/vintage of boat it is that you are selling, but here are some that are free.

www.everythingboats.com

www.boat-world.com

www.boatmall.com

www.ladyben.com

www.oldboat.com