SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Favorite active sailing blogs? (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/89827-favorite-active-sailing-blogs.html)

itsaboat 07-17-2012 06:49 PM

Favorite active sailing blogs?

What are your favorite sailing or cruising blogs? I have been following a few but some have turned into parenting blogs, stopped sailing, or failed to leave the nest at all. So what blogs are your favorites? Let's get a list.

Serendipitous 07-17-2012 07:01 PM

Re: Favorite active sailing blogs?

I'm sure some of the ones I follow are ones you know of also because they have parenting or have or are about to stop sailing. But my list is:
Slapdash (theslapdash.com)
Bumfuzzle (bumfuzzle.com)
Sarabande (adventuresofsarabande.com)

Then there are a few more I follow here and there, but not consistently. Those are:
You Me and the D (youmeandthed.blogspot.com)
The World Tour (sailingaroundtheglobe.com)

I know there are so many more out there, but I've started to run out of time to spend on the internet lately. ;)

itsaboat 07-17-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serendipitous (Post 897772)
I know there are so many more out there, but I've started to run out of time to spend on the internet lately. ;)

Thanks Jessica. Yours is one of the ones I enjoy following, though I admit I haven't checked in for a while. Good to see you are so close to tossing off the lines! Wishing you fair winds and good wines and hope you have enough internet time to keep us all posted on your voyage!

-Eric

chrisncate 07-17-2012 07:14 PM

They are out cruising at the moment, but I LOVE this one:

TriloBoat Talk

Worth the time to go back and read from the start.

youmeandthed 07-17-2012 07:23 PM

I have a few listed on my blog, but as for a cruising one, Bettie Del Mar is nice. I say this out of jealousy as they stopped in at Providencia and we had to sail by it :( I really enjoy current ones that go places I want to go.

Bettie del Mar

Another is controlled jibe Controlled Jibe
I look forward to seeing them succeed in their cruising dream.

THen there are the bumfuzzle, slapdash, windtraveler ones. They are not quite as into the adventure as of late. But a good back read. Another old one (they finished their trip) was Salty Dog Cruising | Biased accounts of the adventures of the Salty Dog Sailboat they cruised the western caribbean and it's pretty detailed and entertaining.

I follow less now that I am living it, but I write to help inspire others.

TQA 07-18-2012 12:35 PM

This one CLICKY

On her second single handed circumnavigation. Current age 69 maybe 70

GO JEANNE GO

itsaboat 07-19-2012 04:31 PM

@chrisandkate
Thanks. I enjoyed your blog and adventures in boat restoration. You made me feel lazy every time I read your posts.

@youmeandthed
Thanks Dave, yours is one I enjoy following as well. I will check out Bettie del Mar, Controlled Jibe, and Salty.

KIVALO 07-19-2012 05:37 PM

Yours is one of the few I follow with any regularity. Sometimes I feel like I'm spying if I check to often. :laugher

I used to follow Sequitur's blog quit a bit but it would seem they have changed plans.

Brad
s/v KIVALO

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serendipitous (Post 897772)
I'm sure some of the ones I follow are ones you know of also because they have parenting or have or are about to stop sailing. But my list is:
Slapdash (theslapdash.com)
Bumfuzzle (bumfuzzle.com)
Sarabande (adventuresofsarabande.com)

Then there are a few more I follow here and there, but not consistently. Those are:
You Me and the D (youmeandthed.blogspot.com)
The World Tour (sailingaroundtheglobe.com)

utchuckd 07-19-2012 06:26 PM

Zero To Cruising | Fun-loving couple sailing the Caribbean on their catamaran

Been following this one a couple of years. Fairly new cruisers.

Serendipitous 07-20-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Yours is one of the few I follow with any regularity. Sometimes I feel like I'm spying if I check to often.
Thanks! Hopefully once I get a little more free time I'll be able to update it more regularly and checking posts won't be spying but will just be a daily thing. ;) Although some of the posts are backdated and won't appear first on the website so you may want to check our facebook page for what's new.